Register

J. Michael Bailey regrets comment in "Straight, Gay or Lying"

referring to bisexual men as lying about their orientation - when he was featured as the credible source in the NYTimes article, "Straight, Gay or Lying".

That article perturbed many people [mainly Bisexual men] with it's disinformation, in a reputable news publication - no less. Unfortunately, his retraction has not received the kind of coverage that article generated. I stumbled upon this only from searching online and saw this link - which took place some time ago.

For what it's worth, this excerpt came from the movie "Bi The Way" which was a cool movie to check out.

Also, noteworthy is Helen Fisher's analysis on the three different brain systems [Sex Drive, Romantic Love & Attachment] and how the variances can impact one's actions.

Re: J. Michael Bailey regrets comment in "Straight, Gay or Lying"

I doubt he actually regrets being quoted in the NY Times and having attention drawn to his joke of a "study".

Link does not show alleged retraction. Bailey's actual comments in the video are too stupid to warrant comment.
    Cheers
    Atiq

.................................................. .................................................. ........
    I'll decide between men and women the day you decide between food and oxygen.

Has anyone forwarded this to the NY Times ?

NotLostJustWandering

He used the word 'regret' when referring to the NYTimes Magazine article.

Although he couched that regret with the phrasing of "I kind of regret repeating that..."

He still acknowledged that his opinion is not the same as it once was. And discusses that there are studies that have shown otherwise.

His remark comes at the :39 second mark in the vid.

My word choice of retraction was more definitive; however, he has self-admittedly - within this video clip - said to have regret that contribution to the stereotype.

Make of it, what you will.
    Last edited by Something Else; Jul 9, 2011 at 8:46 PM.