Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bisexual tattoo

Bisexual tattoo

So basically I wanna get a bisexual tattoo and i was thinking of getting the bisexual moon symbol. My problem is that im black. I'm not super dark or anything but im not super light, im like kinda milk chocolate and i can't really get colors. So i was wondering if getting the moons in black would have the same meaning as if they were colored (aka that it represents bisexuality). I could possibly get them in dark blue but yea what do you guys think?

Re: Bisexual tattoo

Maybe, alternatively, you could try an earring/s in the shape of the bi/crescents or something similar? You might want to choose these in silver, possibly with crystals, to make them look more visible against your darker skin.

ive got 3 earings 2 on the left 1 ont he right, thats actually a pretty good idea except that i really like the first 2 earrings i have in (real diamonds) the third is cubic zirconium. I kinda want something permanent on my body that represents me, i recently just came to finally accept myself entirely, ive known i was bi for awhile but its really taken me a bit to accept it. But thank you thats honestly a great idea

Bisexual moon symbol? Someone please fill me in. This is the first I've ever heard of it. Can someone post the symbol here for us all to see? I am very curious to see it. I might consider getting this done on me also....

yup thats the symbol

Quote Originally Posted by hunkajunk View Post
    Thanks for the link, always wondered what it meant when I saw it, so now I know

so do you guys think it would have the same meaning if it was all black? or what should i do

I never heard of a bisexual symbol before I read this thread. It's a good idea, but wish the symbol was a tad better.

Yes blknproud! Do it in black if you want. And if some dick comes up to you and complains that it's the wrong colour, tell them what I would.

I mean, "I'm free tonight!", btw.

haha theres quite a few. Theres the flag theres there biangles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bi_triangles.svg

and theres http://www.lambda.org/Gensymb-Bi.gif

also http://www.clker.com/inc/svgedit/svg....html?id=43487

personally i want the moons because its more secretive imo (im still closeted) and not many people kno it, even within the bisexual community

Quote Originally Posted by blknproud View Post
    haha theres quite a few. Theres the flag theres there biangles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bi_triangles.svg

and theres http://www.lambda.org/Gensymb-Bi.gif

also http://www.clker.com/inc/svgedit/svg....html?id=43487

personally i want the moons because its more secretive imo (im still closeted) and not many people kno it, even within the bisexual community
    And the moons are less Hitler-y

Here's another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bisexual.jpg  

yea thats a good one too.

so black double moons? lol

After seeing the other symbols, I think the double moons look pretty good.

do you think they would lose their meaning if they were black?

I agree with Gearbox. The double moon is a lot better; it's more simple.

yea i was leaning towards the moons. do you think they woul dlose meaning if they were in black tho? or should i get them in dark blue??

Quote Originally Posted by blknproud View Post
    yea i was leaning towards the moons. do you think they woul dlose meaning if they were in black tho? or should i get them in dark blue??
    It's symbolic, not a brand logo. Get whatever colour you want - after all, it's not that colour that matters, but what the tattoo means to you.

Quote Originally Posted by slipnslide View Post
    It's symbolic, not a brand logo. Get whatever colour you want - after all, it's not that colour that matters, but what the tattoo means to you.
    very true, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks a lot! :D

Is it possible for them to be red and blue, but not necessarily the exact colors shown on the links? I'd think that would be more accurate of what you're trying to display, and perhaps prevent any misunderstandings. What occurs to me is that to many people, cresent moons indicate Islam. I never knew about the symbols of the colored cresents, but if I saw someone with a pair of black cresents, I might think it was a Moslem thing...and them being black would give me a forboding impression. (Although that's probably foolish on my part because I doubt Moslems get tats).

blknproud wrote: So basically I wanna get a bisexual tattoo and i was thinking of getting the bisexual moon symbol. My problem is that im black.... So i was wondering if getting the moons in black would have the same meaning as if they were colored...
    If color is a problem contrasting on your skin how about a "greyscale" version where it is a gradient of Black transitioning into no color? Also this seems more of a secretive version as it doesn't draw too much attention to itself but later you could refill it with color when you do finally come out to friends and family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gradient Moons BlkWht.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by hunkajunk View Post
    If color is a problem contrasting on your skin how about a "greyscale" version where it is a gradient of Black transitioning into no color? Also this seems more of a secretive version as it doesn't draw too much attention to itself but later you could refill it with color when you do finally come out to friends and family.
    Wow thats super interesting, i actually like the idea. The reason why i was worried about color cuz idk if all black would mean something else like posted above for islam.

I was pretty sure the colors gave representation. The grey gradient sounds like a great idea, im very inexperienced with tattoos so any other comments or suggestions would help a lot. but yea im like milk chocolate, like milkeyway color skin so do you think this gradient would work?

also where'd u find that hunkajunk?

<----- I like mine better than the others mentioned so far . I came up with this as a teenager thinking of what best represented me . It just didn't seem that a male symbol or a female symbol fit me . This one satisfied me . I know it might be more suitable for a hermaphadite physically , but it does suit me sexually .

I think ima go with the moons because its not as well known, i think its unique. also i feel lik ea lot of the male female symbols are so commonly used. I like your symbol too tho it hink the moons suit me the best

Wow thats super interesting, i actually like the idea. ... but yea im like milk chocolate, like milkeyway color skin so do you think this gradient would work?
    Sure. I think you can do any color. but to qualify myself... I have no tattoos so I'm no expert. You got a few friends with tats? Ask around and find a good artist first.

I got the impression you wanted something a bit subdued so it didn't attract TOO much attention so the Greyscale would fit the bill a bit more. And gradient is done all the time. If you had other tats then this wouldn't be the center of attention.

Those that noticed the tat and understood what it meant could approach you. Those that didn't you could tell them it means it's the Ying and Yang of your universe; the two Moons represent solidarity between people; everyone is linked together, bringing peace and a calmness to each each other. Also note the phase of the moons are different. One is a Waxing Crescent coming from a new moon to a quarter moon, one is a Waning Crescent coming from a 3rd qtr moon back to a new moon. Make up something about that that sounds cool about how the moons represent the cycle of life being so circular. Have fun with an explanation but have one for those you don't want to out yourself to just yet.

If you want to "disguise" it a bit more, add a couple of stars. Maybe "hide" the male/female symbols in or around the stars. How about a binary star that has both male symbols imbedded.

where'd u find that?
    I created it using PhotoShop from the original. See my latest revision below. Maybe I should get this as my first.... hmmm. Where would I put it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gradient Moons 2 BlkWht.jpg  

oh wow your good, thats also a great idea with the stars and all. Mostly likely its not oging to be in a place people can see unless im naked, like really high up on my thigh.

you've got some great ideas haha thanks

i just got the moons tattooed on my inner bicep,, i also got this one on my calf, its a variation of a bi pride tattoo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tatoo.jpg  

oh wow, that tattoo is amazing lol. so far im still kinda with the moons but i dont know what im gonna get, and i can't really get colors like that haha. Thats a great tattoo you have there tho

Chainz- very cool logo. I like it.

So there are a few to choose from. Found another on a google search. How about Chainz idea with the moons inside?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BiPride logos mix.jpg