Register
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: The good news, when some of us are too tired to stand the good fight

Quote Originally Posted by jamieknyc View Post
    So the rest of you know, the people adovating the law are little better than neo-Nazis. Here is a sample of their propaganda. The adversary of this image taken straight from nazi propaganda is the blonde, Aryan superhero "Foreskin Man."
    Playing the Victim card and Anti-Semetic card yet again eh?

Yeah, those little girls in Africa should stop whining about their non-mutilated genitals too! You're a mindless ideologue.

The people who are against circumcision are not Anti-semetic or Neo-Nazis. You can claim that the comic's author might be but he's not affiliated with the law or voting, just producing a comic book that is a social commentary on why religious male genital mutilation because of an outdated religion is bad, nor does it mean that someone is "Anti-Semitic".

Jewish law also allows circumcision to be postponed indefinitely if a child is ill, offers a waiver to hemophiliacs, and lets parents skip it all together if two of their sons die from their circumcision. It's not as if it wasn't anticipated there would be risks.

There are even Jews who are against circumcision and they refuse to have it done to their sons at all I have dated them.

Incidentally, some of these risks arose after the rabinnical council decided around 150 AD that instead of just cutting off the bit of foreskin that overhangs the glans in a newborn, as had been practiced previously, the entire skin should be detached from the glans and cut off behind the head. This also meant that dads could no longer safely do it, as instructed in Genesis, and a new operator (mohel) had to be introduced.

Nowhere in the Torah or Talmud does it say you should have a party around the circumcision with out-of-town guests and serve lox and carrot cake.

Neither being "private" nor "ancient" protects a barbaric ritual from legitimate human rights condemnation. See female genital mutilation in Africa.

"TWO MORE BABIES have contracted herpes through an ancient circumcision rite, leading the city's top health official yesterday to release an open letter to the city's Orthodox Jewish community urging caution.

The practice, known in Hebrew as metzitzah b'peh, involves a practitioner, or mohel, drawing blood from a child's circumcision wound by mouth."

A Jewish or Muslim man should be allowed to decide for himself whether or not to have his foreskin removed in observance of his religious beliefs.

Forcing a religiously-motivated circumcision on him before he is an adult violates his religious rights. It's his penis, his beliefs, his decision, and it should not be anyone else's.

Religion does mess with peoples' minds. A lot of crazy stuff has been legitimized by religion. Why is it so important to do this to a small child? Could it be that if they can have a choice the vast majority would reject silly bronze age superstition?

Regardless of your idea on religion. Circumcism on someone who doesn't want it (or is too young to make a decision) absence any medical need is mutilation. A lot of people don't think of it that way because it was routine for awhile, but it is still mutilation. No different that female circumcism... which people get all riled up about. It still takes over a third of the nerve endings in a penis and can cause more harm than good. Infants should not be forced into taking on other people's beliefs. They can wait until they are adults to make their own decision about it.

Technically, the foreskin prevents kerotinization of the skin that it would ordinarily cover, reduces requirements for lubrication, and provides a degree of protection from external irritants.

As in the skin dries and becomes tougher... much as what happens to the skin at the heel of your foot. Obviously not to the same degree but the process is similar. The skin at the head of the penis is "normally" kept moist but when circumcised, the skin that would maintain moisture there is gone and thus allows the head of the penis to dry out for an extended period of time.

In simpler terms... ever jack off and had it feeling like it's rough on your skin? Bingo... keratinized skin.

As in the skin dries and becomes tougher... much as what happens to the skin at the heel of your foot. Obviously not to the same degree but the process is similar. The skin at the head of the penis is "normally" kept moist but when circumcised, the skin that would maintain moisture there is gone and thus allows the head of the penis to dry out for an extended period of time.

In simpler terms... ever jack off and had it feeling like it's rough on your skin? Bingo... keratinized skin.

If you want to cut off parts of your own dick as an adult, knock yourself out - just don't sit there and tell me you have a "right" to do something like that to someone else, anyone else - especially children.

The debate is whether it's ethically okay to perform an irreversible medical procedure on males who are unable to consent to it and in the absence of any consensus in the medical community that the procedure is warranted in all cases.

How anyone can argue that it is ethical totally escapes me.

I will say that I find it rather ironic that this is the same community which is offended by the idea that a religion might teach that a man having sex with another man is morally wrong and thinks that such a belief is antiquated and bigoted given the other parts of that same religious text that are gleefully ignored. It is Hypocritical in Judaism how they claim that getting a tattoo is somehow "mutilation" yet they practice mutilation of the male penis to infant boys.

And here y'all leap to the defense of that same religious text and its instructions to perform optional cosmetic surgery or a mutilation on an infant's sexual organs... why? Because it's somehow more rational than the prescription against eating pork or wearing a garment of mixed fibers? Getting a tattoo (in violation of that religious text) is a personal choice but having the most sensitive part mutilated off your child's dick is sacrosanct.

So the rest of you know, the people adovating the law are little better than neo-Nazis. Here is a sample of their propaganda. The adversary of this image taken straight from nazi propaganda is the blonde, Aryan superhero "Foreskin Man."
    I assume you mean advocating you offensive little shit. Don't you dare equate what I do or people like me on this or any other issue as being little better than neo-nazi. Your insecurity doesn't become you and drugstore cowboy has a valid point about you playing the victim and anti semetic card.

You claim to be a lawyer just answer me this little poser; by advocating legislative change within a democratic society is necessary how is that neo nazi? You yourself are advocating use of the law to resist change. Does that make you also a neo nazi?

Or is it only those who advocate change who are neo nazi? Do you not accept that legislative change is very often necessary and desirable? If so, and you advocate legislative change does that not also make you in your own ill considered words, a neo nazi?

I suggest that as a lawyer you prepare your arguments a little more thoughtfully and carefully before you are hoist by your own petard.

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    I assume you mean advocating you offensive little shit. Don't you dare equate what I do or people like me on this or any other issue as being little better than neo-nazi. Your insecurity doesn't become you and drugstore cowboy has a valid point about you playing the victim and anti semetic card.

You claim to be a lawyer just answer me this little poser; by advocating legislative change within a democratic society is necessary how is that neo nazi? You yourself are advocating use of the law to resist change. Does that make you also a neo nazi?

Or is it only those who advocate change who are neo nazi? Do you not accept that legislative change is very often necessary and desirable? If so, and you advocate legislative change does that not also make you in your own ill considered words, a neo nazi?

I suggest that as a lawyer you prepare your arguments a little more thoughtfully and carefully before you are hoist by your own petard.
    Katja,

If I am not mistaken he was not referencing anyone on this site in his statement, just merely pointing out/describing to... those who are advocating for the law to pass in the US who are inside US borders. Yours and others (outside of the US) opinions though relevant to the forum. Are not relevant to a law you can not vote for, which if I am not mistaken, is the basis for this post.

I find the venom in your post to Jamie uncalled for. This is only one topic of many he has ever posted on. Experts none of us are, but to base character on one topic in one forum when one topic does not a character make.

Keep it Civil. The Nazi card was played early on in the topic and it wasn't offensive then, shouldn't be relevant now..

I see that exposure of what the people pushing this referendum stand for hit a nerve. Their teacher Julius Streicher shouted the same sort of things at his execution at Nuremberg.

Walks into thread. . . picks up hot dog and puts catsup and mustard on it. Picks up cider on the way out.

Fuck this shit, man.

*Taylor*
    You can't change the way I am. . .are you strong enough to be my man?
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Pssst! There's naked men ------------->Here!

آزادی راست کاملاموجودات ذی شعوراست

Thank you. . .

Quote Originally Posted by drugstore cowboy View Post
    Personal Accounts of The Male Experience:

My sexual partners also developed a preference for the uncircumcised penis. The one I am currently with enjoys performing oral sex on me very much, and believes that my penis is A LOT more sensitive than some circumcised men's, mainly because of her expert use of the frenulum, which gives me many "mini-orgasms" along the way, and plenty of aftershocks. I believe my orgasms through oral sex to be very powerful, almost nearing the experience of a female orgasm. Though we practice much less intercourse than oral sex, I have always found intercourse to be very pleasurable.

My partner will probably send in her account of the differences between her experiences with cut and intact males. You are correct in saying that a lot of it depends on the attitude of the male towards his penis, and his comfort with it. I have become VERY comfortable with mine, and would even entertain the idea of going to a nude beach. Because of this, all my sexual partners (okay, there were only thee of them... *S*) have developed a preference for intact men, though they did not have any prior dislike of them, to my knowledge, but were mainly unaware of the differences.

I believe a penis should be left intact unless absolutely necessary, and would fight to prevent the procedure should I one day have a son, as I would view that with absolute horror. And I pray that I, myself, do not have to have it done at any time in my life. I have gone from feeling very bad about myself and my anatomy to the polar opposite, loving myself, my body, and my penis. I am very proud to be uncut, and I can't help but feel a bit lucky.

I just finished reading almost all of the information on John Erickson's web site, In Memory of the Sexually Mutilated Child, and I must say, I am impressed. I recommend this site to everyone, especially those folks at the Circumcised American Academy of Pediatrics. In particular I would like to mention the series of photographs titled, "the three zones of penile skin." These [GRAPHIC] photographs suggest that, for coital purposes, the penis is actually an internal organ. We can easily see this in the dog, whose foreskin is thick and covered with fur. It is an internal organ and the thought of circumcising a dog is therefore repugnant to most of us. In fact, I would venture to guess that for most mammals the sexual part of the penis is similarly internalized. The photographs mentioned above tend to support the thesis that, for sexual purposes at least, the human penis is also an internal organ. As a 64 year old intact male who has engaged the female vagina (another clearly internal organ) in intercourse thousands of times, I can vouch for the fact that Mother Nature got it right, and that the biblical deity who flim-flammed Abraham into externalizing his organ and those of his descendants, got it wrong. There is no better sex than sex between two consenting internal organs.

The circumcised folks at the Circumcised American Academy of Pediatrics should delay their position statement until they have digested the material at Mr. Erickson's web site. Then they should take the position - a position clearly rooted in reality - that circumcision has no benefits, but has many disadvantages, and is contra-indicated. February 1999 - Permission granted to feature these comments here from the poster, Raymond Doherty

When I was 13 my body was growing, and like many teenagers, my hormones were raging. One night I had an erection that quickly turned painful. When I looked at my penis I discovered blood... blood coming from a tear in the skin of my penis. I was painfully aware that at that time I did not have enough skin to cover my own erection. It took several weeks for the tear to heal, with many lesser tears occurring any time I had an erection.

When I was 21 it happened again... This time while I was in bed with a girlfriend. The pain and embarrassment cannot possibly be described with words. Again it took weeks to heal, with several tears occurring while I was healing.

Do not [attempt to] rationalize the "minor discomfort" that an infant feels to the pain and suffering of those who have had painful erections, abnormal disfigurements, complete penile loss, and loss of life. (Did you hear about Dustin Evans Jr who died in Cleveland OH on 11/22/98)? This is a post excerpt from entry in Ethics in Wound Care discussion group under the thread of Anti-Circumcision, also posted in AC Talklist by MAC Member on 12/26/98

“Later in life, the foreskin plays an important part in arousement, penile sensation, and ease of penetration. I had my foreskin removed at the age of 47 to avoid those old age problems I read about. What I discovered is that I lost about 50% of penetration pleasure. ...I feel that I made a mistake to reduce the level of sensation and expose that very sensitive bare penis tissue to jockey shorts, athletic supports, etc. I believe the unit was meant to be covered and protected until ready for use. I believe I would have enjoyed the added pleasure of sexual intercourse with my foreskin intact.”
    Getting circumcised was the most foolish thing I've done in my life. I had it done when I was 27.

It 's now been three full years since this grave mistake was made. Having grown up in the U.S., as hard as it is to admit, I got circumcised purely out of curiosity, as the subject had been so close to the top of my mind for all my life.

I was quite sexually active before marriage, and had a pretty normal sex life after marriage for two years before my reduction. Now I am essentially only interested in oral sex, as vaginal sex does not provide the detailed sensations that it did when I had a foreskin. The last thing a foreskin is - is a hindrance to sex. The analogy of "seeing without color" is perfectly apt to describe sex without a foreskin. Rather than being a touch-sensitive organ, it becomes merely a pressure-sensitive tool. BIG DIFFERENCE! 1/3/98

Describing what it’s like for her husband who was circed during his 20s, another person says: “He said that he lost a lot of sensitivity and masturbating with the foreskin was very nice and he missed doing that.”

“At 40 I sure wish that I had the benefit of the sensory nerve endings lost to circumcision and the protection and comfort afforded by a foreskin. All the interaction of my brain and thought process will never replace the pleasure lost. I want it back!”

I was born in a family where half of the boys were circumcised and half not. I always wondered about that and when I developed a subcutaneous cyst under my penis shaft, I discussed its removal and along with that a complete circumcision. I was 46 years old.

The surgeon removed too much foreskin under the shaft to excise the cyst and healing was uncomfortable during erections. When my healing did occur I did enjoy vigorous sex as the new wound stimulated me, however, I never did get over the uncomfortable sensation of the penis head.

I am now 64 and sure wish I did not lose that foreskin. In later life, in my opinion, not having that foreskin stroking sensation, is a bummer. If I had my druthers, I would opt to keep what my body came with, a complete foreskin. When a male gets older, that foreskin has to help him reach a climax due to the friction of the movement of the foreskin. I don't know because I ignorantly had mine removed. However, if there was a donor and no chance of cross contamination, I would certainly consider a foreskin transplant just to see if I am right. 6/18/97

I was very interested in your web site on the differences of circ'd vs uncirc'd men. I am a 28 year old straight male that was circ'd as a baby. I am currently practicing non-surgical foreskin restoration. I have found that there is a tremendous difference in feeling now that my glans has begun to heal from all the years of constant rubbing on my clothing. I haven't regained enough skin to cover the glans while erect, but I can feel the lubricating effect of the foreskin while making love semi erect. To those men thinking about getting circ'd later in life, Keep what you have! 12/18/97

I was circumcised in my late 30s after fathering three sons (all of whom were routinely circumcised shortly following birth). My surgery was entirely elective (both my spouse and I prefer the look of a circumcised penis) and I found it a both brief and relatively painless procedure. I entered a local hospital as an outpatient and the operation took less than 30 minutes. I was under local anesthesia (several shots at the base of my penis quickly numbed the organ). The urologist, using a freehand technique, first made a dorsal cut in my foreskin and clamped off the bleeding tissue. He then clipped away the foreskin around the entire circumference of my penis, using what appeared to be surgical scissors and a scalpel. He then neatly sutured the incision which was located approximately one-half inch below the corona. Bleeding was minimal and I felt no pain whatsoever, only a notable pressure where the foreskin was being cut away. Watching the surgery was fascinating.

No pain followed the operation although I would wake up with nightly erections (the pressure around my incision was uncomfortable but not really painful, quickly going away when the erection faded). Within two and one-half weeks the sutures were gone and I was left with a small, barely noticeable circumcision scar.

My first post-circumcision sex was normal and quite enjoyable, as it had always been prior to the surgery. With each erection I felt some pressure around the circumcision scar for a month or more after my surgery; however, the sensation of pressure soon faded and finally disappeared completely.

Now, decades later, having lived about half of my life intact and half as a circumcised male, I believe I can speak with some experience and authority on the subject, providing the type of personal information you seek. Following are my candid conclusions:

1. There is no question the head of my uncircumcised penis was more sensitive than it is today. Also, penetration was easier to achieve before my surgery, especially when my wife was not fully aroused and moist. Regardless, both oral and vaginal sex remain pleasurable today. Other than these two changes, I found absolutely nothing different between pre- and post-circumcision sex. My circumcised penis has less notable odor but that was never an issue or problem prior to surgery.

2. After my circumcision, over time I found I was able to delay ejaculation longer (perhaps due initially to the lack of penile sensitivity and later I assume due to my advancing age). This delay, for whatever reason(s), pleases -- and pleasures -- both my wife and me. If it is due even in part to my circumcision, that must be considered a plus.

3. Finally, I believe that adult circumcision is a mental as well as a physical act. Living in a country during a time when most males indeed have been circumcised, I honestly have enjoyed my post-circumcision years more than the first half of my life which were marked with some ridicule and feelings of "being different." Combine that with a spouse who always expressed a personal preference for the look, feel and taste of a circumcised penis and I cannot help but believe that I did the right and proper thing in having my own foreskin removed. My only regret was that I did not act sooner.

Circumcision certainly is not for everyone. For example, I would agree that routine infant circumcision is a practice whose time has passed. Inflicting needless pain on newborns -- or anyone -- is a barbaric act. Further, I respect the opinions of those individuals who have had adult circumcisions and lived to regret it (perhaps a foreskin restoration is the logical answer for these men). However, only people who have never been circumcised -- women and intact men -- can fail to fully understand and appreciate the welcome mental relief and physical satisfaction that an adult circumcision can offer a man and his mate.

As previously noted, my only regret is not being circumcised sooner in life. I know the differences for myself and find them largely inconsequental in the physical sense but quite major in building one's self-esteem and self-confidence. My experience and feelings may be the exception to the circumcision rule; however, my wife and I are happy with the results and that is what matters most to me. 7/14/98

Regarding your request to seek personal information from those, male and female, who have had sex with both circumcised and intact, I offer my experience as a male, circumcised, but half-way down the road to full foreskin restoration.

I guess I had what was the typical circumcised penis... no problems that were obvious to me, but the usual naked glans. When erect the skin was taught and I could feel the tension. The dominant sensation during sex was friction of the rubbing along the shaft and glans of my penis... not unpleasant, but I didn’t know the difference.

Now, 2-1/2 years into an on-again-off-again foreskin restoration I can definitely report differences! Cosmetically it's pretty obvious.. when flaccid the glans is usually half-way covered, or at least the skin bunches up into loose folds around the glans (my flaccid length varies a lot.. anywhere from 2 to 5 inches). Erect, the skin remains loose.

During sex, the dominant sensation is no longer friction, but the tension of the skin being pulled in and out... an additional pleasurable and very different sensation entirely absent before restoration. It's hard to describe, but I must say it was well worth the time and effort put into restoration... certainly enough to encourage me to complete my restoration efforts! Peter, 3/6/98

I was circumcised by personal choice at age 23. I am fifty now. I can not tell any difference in sensitivity whatsoever. I can not imagine how my pleasure would be more if I had not been circumcised. I was exposed before I was circumcised during intercourse and am similarly exposed now. There is absolutely no difference. It is much easier to keep clean now and my partner enjoys giving oral sex much more and more often. I am very glad I was circumcised and have no regrets. I have met numerous women that prefer circumcision. I have met none that did not. 1/16/98

I'm a British, uncircumcised, married man aged 37. I have what by any standards would be considered a tight foreskin. It retracts when my penis is flaccid but can't get more than halfway back over the glans when it's erect. And yet:

- I've never experienced pain in masturbation, intercourse, etc etc.
    - I have never had any urinary tract infections.
    - I'm quite happy as I am !

In fact I only found out that my penis wasn't "normal" when one of my girlfriends remarked on it once. Briefly - we were having fun at the time. She never mentioned it again. Neither have any of my other sexual partners (between 5 and 10, if I'm counting).

I suspect that my foreskin might be unusually long (I've never had another erect man around to check with... it's not the kind of thing us guys tend to compare notes on, y'know...), but in any case, it has plenty of "play" to move up and down. It just seems like maybe the opening is too small (not stretchy enough) to fit all the glans through.

I went to a doctor once - he was a urologist. I thought he might be able to help maybe make the opening a little wider. But he was of the "any problems - snip it off" school. He was amazed I had children! He also said (really - I am not making this up - "maybe your wife doesn't mind, but a good-looking chap like you, you'll be getting yourself a mistress, and if she has any sort of sexual experience, she'll think you're weird". Well, I live in France, after all, but I think the guy probably spends too many hours each day looking at penises!

In my case the decision is clear: if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and in my case, it might not be exactly visually correct, but it works ! 2/10/98

I’m 33 and recently married. My father was circumcised at birth but he had no strong feelings one way or another. I guess that after the births of five daughters my parents didn’t really see why their newborn boy automatically needed surgery. The doctor in our small hometown was flatly opposed to circumcision and counseled them, also. I imagine that whole town was full of foreskins by the time he retired.

My mother told me about my penis’ being different from most other boys’ (90 percent in my age group) about the age of six. Unfortunately her way of conveying this made me feel ashamed, or at least very private about it. I wouldn’t shower or urinate in a trough with the other boys because I feared ridicule. (I was undoubtedly right, and it took years before I would even use an open stall in a public men’s room with my foreskin held back.) Showering at scout camp in my underwear, though, earned me plenty of razzing.

Finally, I explained to my best friend why I did that, and he told me his cousin was intact, too. It was a mild relief to exchange this information. Only one other boy I ever saw was intact. I spotted the red tip of his child’s foreskin as he was dressing in the school locker room. I didn’t know him, though, so it would have been difficult to ever raise the subject with him, boys being so averse to anything that might be construed as a gay come-on.

My favorite fantasy when I was a teen was to be lying on a bed and have all the attractive girls I knew standing around me, stroking my penis. They watched each other and me, and all of them got really worked up by the competition, since the winner would be the one with my penis in hand when I reached orgasm. I suppose this was my way of winning acceptance for being physically different from all the other boys -- difference as an advantage with the girls.

I was 18 the first time I had sex, but the room was so dark I don’t think the girl ever got a look at it. We were both awkward for a number of reasons, and she tried to make me climax manually with baby oil, which just didn't work. I showed her how the foreskin functions, but her efforts still fell short. I think there were too many other complications in that encounter for it to have gone well at all. The second time was a girl who took my penis in hand and slowly drew the skin all the way forward a couple of times before we proceeded with intercourse, as if she wasn’t sure what to make of it. It was a spur-of-the-moment encounter, and we never followed up.

My early girlfriends weren't close enough emotionally for me to talk much about my foreskin, or else maybe I was too hung up on the matter to be frank and forward about it. None of them seemed to dislike it. I keep it clean, so I guess the most obvious objection never came up. Mostly they wanted to know why I was an exception, what my parents were thinking. (Incidentally, my parents and I have not discussed the matter since the conversation noted earlier. We were not a close family.)

As an adult, I discovered Uncut magazine on a newsstand. It’s a gay porno magazine with pictures and stories about foreskin-related experiences. It was the first time I really “shared” other men’s experiences with their intact status, and I felt much better about myself from that point on. I quit hiding my penis in the gym, for one thing. Other men stared, but of course none would ever say anything. I should add that I’m not gay and have no desire for a same-sex encounter; however, being in such a small minority makes me curious about other men’s penises. I suppose this is akin to being one of only two persons of one race in a room full of people of another race -- your consciousness of what makes you different is greatly heightened.

Now I’m comfortable with my intact status, though socially careful about speaking up on the subject. As you undoubtedly know, the Web is just about the only place where foreskin comes up as a matter of conversation.

I mentioned earlier that I’ve just gotten married. Since my foreskin is the looser variety, reaching just over the tip when flaccid and automatically rolling back when erect, my wife really didn't know about it at first. (It was, of course, always erect by the time she saw it.)

Finally, after our first two sexual experiences together, I pointed my foreskin out to her and showed her what part comes off in a circumcision. She toyed with it a while, then said she couldn't imagine why anyone would want to be circumcised. She decided then that she would encourage any girlfriends of hers not to have their baby boys cut.

Later, while I was entering her lying on her back with her knees up high, I reached below us and held the skin back to demonstrate how abrasive a cut penis can be when there's no rolling skin to "give" just a little with each stroke. She got a look of sudden familiarity -- that was how it felt to have sex with her first (circumcised) boyfriend, and she had never liked the feeling. During sex, his fully exposed penis would dry just enough to make the friction slightly painful. She had thought that was the way sex was supposed to be.

I think intact men who are considerate can offer their wives a benefit. Before entering my wife, I roll my foreskin forward, then push slightly inside her to moisten the loose skin and glans. Then I hold the skin still and push the glans through it and into her. She loves this because the head enters her with no “dry” friction.

My wife has been wonderful about my foreskin. She loves and is fascinated by it. Once, on a trip to the zoo, she started laughing uncontrollably in the reptile section. I asked her why, and she pointed to a turtle just pulling his head back into his shell. “He has a foreskin, too!”

In my opinion, the most persuasive arguments against circumcision are (1) it is unnatural to force an internal organ (the glans) into becoming an external organ, and (2) if God meant for us not to have foreskins, he wouldn’t have put them on us in the first place. 3/10/98

Here is a description of the differences in sex between circ and uncirc men from a circumcised man who is gay. This will surely raise a lot of eyebrows. I would imagine a lot of you will get upset and question how I can include the experience of a gay man when talking about this. Obviously, women’s bodies work much differently. A woman can describe the difference for her personally, but she cannot feel what a man feels and cannot describe how it might be different for him. We women are often criticised for even discussing circumcision because we don’t have penises.

In my opinion, a gay circumcised man would be quite qualified, possibly even more than a woman, to clearly define the differences. Who better to give such a review? What we are talking about here is “the sexual value of the foreskin”. A gay man knows what men are capable of feeling. I would think a gay man has more insight because, unlike a woman, he possesses the very same equipment he is talking about. So here is what was sent to me from a gay man:

“I do think I have a lot of insight about this subject... Over the years I have noticed that uncircumcised men plainly have more intense pleasure (I see it as uncontrollable and very intense), erections last much longer and with much less stimulation. Circumcised men always need to be stimulated just so or they loose the feeling of pleasure.”
    Dude, why don't you ever include your sources? How can anyone believe you without your links? It sounds just like stuff you'd make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    Honestly you do waffle on.

In England and Wales the abortion rate last year was 17.5 per 1000 pregnancies and in Scotland 12.4. For girls under the age of 16 it was 3.9 per 1000 pregnancies in England and Wales even less north of the border. It hardly shows that under 16 girls are particularly abortion mad. The highest rates are among 16-19 girls but that isnt surprising given their bolt to freedom and the appalling sex education which are provided. Half of all abortions are for women with partners so are they too irresponsible as a species?

I have not studied new Zealnd but I will be surprised if their statistics are so bad that the world is comming to an end. You are typical of a certain kind of eprson who draws out every statiistic and makes it as black as can be. I do not consider an abortion rate of less than 0.4% among girls under the age of 16 in this country appalling. You do not record stats in your country fine but I bet they are somewhere and I will be surprised if they are so bad they deserve the kind of rebuke you give it. That they could be better no doubt and should be, but (ain the UK at least) they are improving, but a figure of less than 4 per thousand pregnancies is not something we should be so hysterical about.

The young are bad. They are out of control. I have heard it all before and there are always going to be rotten apples. But most are not bad and most are not rotten apples.

They should be respected for what they are. Children and young people who are our future. They will never be perfect, but they are not as bad as adults like you make them out to be.

It doesnt matter how children behave in any case. Or young teenagers. Not in the context of this debate. What matters is the respect we give them and the realisation and knowledge of who they are themselves and to respect. We do not give them that by forcibly removing a part of their penis or any other part of their body when there is no sound immediate medical reason.
    I notice how you are quoting stats for your part of the world, when I was refering to my part of the world...... and something that is happening in MY country as a result of OUR laws..... not your country as a result of YOUR laws......

its not about making the youth out to be bad, as the youth are not adults of a past generation that can see a difference and a change.... the youth of today are growing up with things they see as normal.... while people like me can remember when pac man and space invaders hit the scene for the first time and we were blown away by it......

the youth may be far better informed and have far better access to info than we did growing up...... but the rights they have, are also far wider than we had.... and they are growing up, seeing that freedom and their rights are normal..... people like us, know that it never used to be like that.....

its part of the reason we have anti abortion groups surfacing everywhere.... we created a situation where abortions could grow at a alarming rate, not cos the youth are bad... but cos there is a alarming increase in the number of abortions....and the youth do not see they are doing anything wrong, just exercising their rights that they have been informed about

sure you can argue that the youth are not as bad as I make out.... but I think I will trust the stats that are showing that the youth of today are out of control.... and the government that is now working to cut back on the freedoms the youth have..... and if they are reacting to PUBLIC PRESSURE to take action... then its clearly not just me that can see there are issues....

so here is the link to the stats page for NZ....since you have not studied them....
    NZ abortion stats

remember its not about making the youth look bad.... its showing the results of rights of choice going bad...... when use of a condom could change so much.... IE STI, abortion, teen parents etc..... but the right of choice with a condom is still a right of choice
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Quote Originally Posted by mikey3000 View Post
    Dude, why don't you ever include your sources? How can anyone believe you without your links? It sounds just like stuff you'd make up.
    I found what you quoted at mothersagainstcirc.org

If you want to actually read or find my sources you easily can. At least I'm not posting junk science like you are.

lol just out of curiosity, how the hell do some people manage to have a conversation / debate face to face... cos they can not copy and paste everything, they actually have to talk......

and out of curiosity... if people are making the * right * choices, based on being well informed, and doing the right thing, why do we always seem to end up banning things or making them illegal.... unless it proves that we can not respect freedom of choice, we want to control what people do with their lives....

its not really about respecting freedom of choice is it... its about control of others..... in the same way the anti LGBT want control over marriage and the right to tell others what they can and can not do.... when often, the anti LGBT are not interested in being married themselves.....

its what I am seeing in the thread... control over other people and their children, when we have none ourselves, so can not really live by the same rules we want others to live by......

yeah I can see jamies point very clearly..........
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

I see that exposure of what the people pushing this referendum stand for hit a nerve. Their teacher Julius Streicher shouted the same sort of things at his execution at Nuremberg.
    *Yawn* Big surprise! Yet another Holocaust reference!

Don't you ever get tired of the bad stereotypes, faux martyrdom, and false victimhood that you fall into? Do you ever stop being too easily offended and get tired of forcing political correctness and your brand of censorship on people?

Have you actually read the comic strip, all of it? All of the issues?

The character Foreskin man is not antisemitic. He obviously likes jewish people. His girlfriend is jewish and the baby's mother is his girlfriends sister. He seems to love the baby Glick in the comic. The conflict is between the boy's father (Jethro - pro cutting) and baby Glick's mother (anti-cutting). That said, you don't need to hold old traditions as unchangeable issues. Judaism must evolve past the 2000 BCE era. Reform Jews who are against male circumcision yet still Jewish realize human rights, infant/children's rights to their genitals, science and love are key to success and that mutilating a boy's penis while there are other ways to have a covenant with G-d besides mutilation are what actually work instead of mindless religious dogma, groupthink, resistance to change, and performing outdated barbaric male genital mutilation do.

If you have issues with the comic or the artwork in the comic books, take it up with the comic's author and the comic's illustrator.

Then again I'm sure you'd consider the TV show Southpark, the Jewish characters on Southpark, the character Eric Cartman on Southpark and Southpark creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone all to be "Anti-Semitic".

Earlier in the thread and when you first mentioned the comic strip you falsely claimed that everyone that's against male genital mutilation and for this law is somehow "Anti-Semitic" in your mind.

Orthodox and Conservative Jewish political groups are now claiming that everyone that's against male genital mutilation is somehow "Anti-Semitic". Orthodox and Conservative Jews are also highly homophobic/biphobic, against GLBT rights, and against same gender marriage.

I know many Jews who are against circumcision and they consider it to be mutilation, and they did not get their sons circumcised.

I guess you'd consider them to be Anti-Semitic as well since they're not conforming to their religion's silly dogma or familial pressures that say that they must mutilate their sons' penises.

Then again perhaps you do not even consider these Jews who are against male genital mutilation to actually be *really* Jewish at all in your mind or opinion. I'm sure you do not consider Jews that get tattoos and do not keep Kosher, and who were born Jewish or raised Jewish but who are now very liberal Jews or even Atheist Jews or Agnostic Jews to somehow not be Jewish at all.

The people who are against male genital mutilation and who are for this proposed law in California both in the United States and worldwide, are not Anti-Semitic even if you wish that they were.

I'm in SF and I am for the proposed law that will ban male genital mutilation here. Most people gay, bisexual, and straight of all ages and even Jewish and Muslim are for the circumcision ban as well since there needs to be equality when it comes to genital mutilation as it is hypocritical to say "Female Circumcision is wrong, illegal, rightfully illegal, and disgusting! But male circumcision is fine, must be done because of a religion, must be protected by law, and it's OK to mutilate a baby boy's genitals!"
    Last edited by drugstore cowboy; Jun 6, 2011 at 11:04 PM.

I note the lack of comments regarding circumcision and STDs? How about some facts on the number of STDs that decrease as circumcision increases in non industrialized countries?

I am cut and it works fine. Dont feel strongly one way or the other except that I really dont think that governments have the right to tell parents how to raise their children. But before all the "but what if you were beating your kids to death" arguements come running out, there is a difference between abhorent behavior, ie killing abusing children, and having a surgical procedure performed that doesnt threaten the life and is in keeping with that families religous traditions.

Finally, is male circumcision illegal any where else in the world?

Being British I'm uncut as are most guys and boys in England, it's just not something that is done.
    It is strange being in the US and telling partners that I am uncut, usually they want to see or touch it.
    Personally I love the way my own penis looks and if I could find a guy with a cock like mine I'd be all over him with a drooling mouth.
    Answer me this, Why did Japanese Kamikaze pilots bother to wear their helmets???

Quote Originally Posted by nakedheathen View Post
    I note the lack of comments regarding circumcision and STDs? How about some facts on the number of STDs that decrease as circumcision increases in non industrialized countries?

I am cut and it works fine. Dont feel strongly one way or the other except that I really dont think that governments have the right to tell parents how to raise their children. But before all the "but what if you were beating your kids to death" arguements come running out, there is a difference between abhorent behavior, ie killing abusing children, and having a surgical procedure performed that doesnt threaten the life and is in keeping with that families religous traditions.

Do more research on HIV/STDs and circumcision or read the posts about it here that are not fradulent junk science promoted by the WHO which have been picked apart and dismembered by people who know what they're talking about when it comes to HIV/STDs, studies and research, and raw data.

You'll see how there's no link between circumcision or male genital mutilation and decreasing HIV and STD rates, and in fact that in many cases circumcision increases the risk of HIV infection and transmission and the infection and transmission of STDs.

Condoms and having safer sex work better than any sort of circumcision or genital mutilation does.

You can claim that "I'm cut and it works fine!" much like women and girls from Africa and the Middle East who have been cut but don't know the difference can claim this about their genitals.

Male circumcision decreases sensitivity and pleasure in the penis, and for women and men who've never been with an intact man with a foreskin they don't know the difference.

Yes male genital mutilation has been restricted in some Scandinavian countries and other European countries as these countries are in the modern age of 2011 and are against the mutilation of a child or baby boy or girl's genitals without their consent.

There are many doctors, surgeons, and nurses in these countries who will refuse to do a circumcision on any baby or child.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedheathen View Post

as of 2007, no its not illegal anywhere in the world, and that may have changed... but I can not find any countries where it is...... only countries where it is restricted.....
    its female circumcision ( non medical ) that is illegal in a number of countries.....
    ( updated ) can not find any countries in the world, where circumcision is illegal, only restricted as of january 2011... so would love to see what countries bidived is talking about....

yes there are people that will not circumcise a child, but that is personal choice.... a bit like the chemists that refuse to fill birth control prescriptions cos of their religious beliefs ( there is one in the town I live in,... and its been stated that its legal for them to refuse to fill prescriptions, but not legal for them to preach personal beliefs in a professional role )

one of the reasons why african countries are used for circumcision studies and STI studies, is the catholic movement is strong over there and opposes the use of birth control ( ironic that they oppose it in places with children dying and starving to death in their 1000's ) and due to the different culture and way of life, and high aids / hiv infection rate, it is one of the perfect places for studying the effects of circumcision / aids, hiv, std

be careful of the studies and reports tho....a few years ago, there was a set of studies that turned out to be totally false, the * guy * that wrote them, was actually a female, using info from other studies and altered to reflect findings that were truely false...... what makes me laugh, is that the pro and anti circumcision groups still use them as proof of their claims, without checking the validity of the studies.....and they are posting and proclaiming the findings of a female that worked in a pizza parlour and never finished high school... yet 3 of the actual experts listed on it, stated they were true findings, even after the truth came out.....
    Last edited by Long Duck Dong; Jun 7, 2011 at 3:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    its not really about respecting freedom of choice is it... its about control of others.....
    LDD, what is more controlling than having an amost helpless infant child who is unable to answer for himself strapped down on a tray and a scalpel taken to his healthy little cock?

Quote Originally Posted by sammie19 View Post
    LDD, what is more controlling than having an amost helpless infant child who is unable to answer for himself strapped down on a tray and a scalpel taken to his healthy little cock?
    a circumcision is one operation.... not multiple ops,... but as I got told in this thread, multiple ops are different cos they are done out of love.....

speaking from the experience of a child that was old enuf to understand on going pain and suffering, mentally and emotionally, and hearing their parents constantly say its cos they loved me that I was going thru operation after operation and begging them to stop cos it hurt so much.....

you want to talk about the rights of a child... then apply the fucking rights to all children, not just the ones that suit your purpose.....

you wanna really know about pain, go spend a week in a childrens ward and see what they go thru.... and the way people stay around and say the children are so courageous and strong...... and ignore the fact the children have no fucking choice......

sure reason it out that you are saving the childrens lives by your actions so its a good thing.... but tell me something... who feels the pain, you or them.....

don't tell me about childrens rights when its about your own agenda.....and you are ignoring 99% of the hell children go thru cos you can not say its wrong to do it.....

Quote Originally Posted by littlerayofsunshine View Post
    Tenni, Please.. have an on topic opinion or move on. You are like the old fart still combatin the cowboys and the indians that only live in your mind, but try to make us all relive your delusions. You are the second most mysoginystic, xenophobic, and damn near racist bloke on the block. So many people are too scared to get involved in your pettiness, But damn man, At your age, and how you try to show yourself as an "artistic" man. You should be able to rise above all this childishness that you relay. You offer less insight and ramble on, spending 40 minutes to edit and re edit thoughts to make yourself feel better, diluting any point you might have potentially made. In fact I never understood why you never have a full opinion. But normally end on a question or a smirk. BTW The story of the little girl you wrote twice in two different post, Made me shutter.

Back to the topic of circ. I wish molestation would stop being used as a term in reference of. Honestly as a child victim of it. Its an insult to us. The thousands year old practice of removing a piece of flesh that doesn't inhibit growth, function, or remove all sensitivity is not molestation. Molestation involves sexual gratification and deviancy or a way to gain power and control over an individual. Circ is a preference, a preference granted the infant doesn't have choice in. But neither does an infant that gets her ears pierced, or a tribal child that gets forced tattooed to show status or tribe.

Male circ shouldn't be banned, If it was you would see so many religious followers leave, their technology leave, their tax dollars, money... Leave.. There are still grown men that go and have it done, there are grown men that wish that it hadn't been done to them. Some boys need it, due to the fact that their foreskin didn't develop normally and it is too tight around the head of an erect penis, that friction from movement, sex, masturbation, causes intense pain and sometimes tearing, the scars remaining can cause even more pain and lessen retraction of the foreskin. They split the scars and hope it works, so for some circ may be what helps them lead a normal healthy sexual life.

FEMALE CIRC is not comparable to male circ and to even be able to compare. the removal of the glans would have to take place. So lets back off that argument. Female circ is done in pubescent times, male circ at newborn stage, where chemicals are flooding through the body and even a action such as suckling a nipple, dummy, or bottle will cause pain relieving hormones to ease the discomfort.. Male circ is done to this day for esthetic reasons and health reasons *Where proven or not* Based on religious values. Female circ is done to make a woman less sexual, to make a girl less responsive, to make them not get pregnant at a young age, to make them less likely to cheat on their husband to whom they were most likely promised to by the time the child was school age. To gain power over the girl and to control her.. That is the true molestation.

Shout out to Ninny ******Hugs girl**** You gave me a lady boner when I saw your post. LTNS!
    I'm just quoting this post because it's awesome. :D

*Taylor*
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Thank you. . .

Quote Originally Posted by BiDaveDtown View Post
    For those who believe male circumcision should be allowed for religious reasons; GET REAL.

Do you know what the bible, what Orthodox Judaism and most of Islam says about us bisexual and gay men?!

I guess it also means that you condone female circumcision for religious reasons and the fact that Christianity, Orthodox Judaism, and especially Islam put women in a subservient position to that of men.

If you're arguing for male circumcision because of religion/culture, or freedom of religion then you are for female circumcision as well since there are various religions and cultures worldwide who do this to girls as a part of their religion or culture.

No one chooses their religion when they are born. Boys are born Jewish through their Jewish mother or they are Moslem because of their Moslem mother or Moslem father, therefore they are Jewish or Moslem, therefore they DO NOT need their foreskins chopped off to become Jewish or Moslem. Also, let them decide if they want to be Jewish or Moslem when they are older.

Religion is not a sufficient reason to mutilate a child's genitals. Actually there is not sufficient reason.

If I know anything I know dick. Circumcision makes masturbation more difficult. It makes sex harder and less pleasurable for the receptive partner. And it desensitizes the penis, POTENTIALLY decreasing sensitivity and sexual pleasure.

Now of all the things about life on Earth as a human male, sex is one of the best things to look forward to. What kind of sick fucks are you that would POTENTIALLY limit that for a child.

There is nothing that can be gained by circumcision that can’t be gained by a little soap and water. And there is so much to lose.

Everyone is born with foreskin, girls too.

It's commonly referred to as the clitoral hood in females, it's totally analogous to the male foreskin. ALL FORMS of infant and non-adult female circumcision is illegal in America, ALL FORMS to include: pin prick, clitoral removal, clitoral hood removal, labioplasty, etc.

Because ALL forms of female circumcision in America is illegal, ALL forms of male circumcision ought to be illegal in America as well! Was their an outcry from religious groups in America, who practice any and/or ALL forms of female circumcision, when female circumcision became illegal? I think not. It's time that ALL MALES are protected from ANY form of genital mutilation when they are born. PERIOD!

Women should stick their noses out of boys' and mens' sex organs and leave them to us to do with as we chose. Mens' penises in Mens' own hands.

When women foolishly claim "male circumcision makes no difference! It's just some useless skin!" I ask them when the last time they had an actual penis was? Since they'd like to falsely claim that the foreskin "makes no difference and that it's just skin" that they should be perfectly OK then with the removal of their clitoral hood, clitoris, or a reduction of their labia since this would make their vagina cleaner and more aesthetically beautiful than one that still has its clitoral hood and sloppy roast beef labia and all of that excess useless skin on their vagina. A cut vagina is cleaner since it does not produce any yeast or smegma. Why not remove the breasts or cervix too? She won't get breast cancer or cervical cancer if they're removed!

Amputation of sexual tissue is a parental decision, and circumcision should be mandatory.

There's nothing nastier than an uncircumcised clitoris or uncircumcised labia - yuck! All that smegma, and yeast! You can't get vulvar cancer if this icky nubbin of skin is cut off. There's no proof that circumcised women have any less sensation! Heck, if I had any more senstation it would drive me crazy, and I plan to circumicse my girls for health reasons. Clearly nature made a mistake, and all girls need to be cut.

I'm being sarcastic here but it's a good thing that this is being done in San Francisco.

Most people don't understand why circumcision is so widespread in the United States: it was promoted as a procedure to prevent sinful masturbation (didn't work out too well now did it?). I've met many men whose circumcisions were too extensive, leaving very heavy scarring they hated, nasty ugly skin bridges, or making their penile skin so tight that they felt pain when I lightly jerked them off. I have one friend that had his circumcision "botched" and they took skin from his balls and graphed it onto his cock and his balls do not hang at all and his penis is truly mutilated and deformed with heavy ugly scarring.

I've seen other men both in person and in porn who had flat out ugly penises and it was because of circumcision.

Also, allowing male circumcision diminishes our moral argument against female circumcision.

I see ALL circumcision, both male and female done to infants to be genital mutilation.

It's one thing to have it done elective as an adult but it's wrong to have it done to infants both boys and girls who have no consent over their bodies or genitals even though they should.

Male circumcision reduces the amount of nerve endings in the penis and that decreases the lack of sexual pleasure, sensitivity, and control over the penis. Premature ejaculation is in the mind so don't give me that "If I was more sensitive I wouldn't be able to stand it!" BS.

I know TONS of men bisexual, gay, and hetero who are very mad that they were cut and wish that they were left intact with a foreskin.

The idea that a cut cock is somehow "cleaner" is a joke, it's called washing with soap and water like you should be doing anyway.

Foreskin is the essence of man! It adds SO MUCH pleasure to sex and it's fun to have the inside licked and gently chewed on, and it's fun to fill it with piss or cum.

Women's vaginas produce pungent smegma-it's seriously way worse than a man's, and a vagina produces yeast but nobody is saying how we should cut a baby girl's labia or her clitoral hood.

Let's just stop cutting infants' and boys' and girls' genitals completely and be done with this barbaric and outdated practice that should have been outlawed thousands of years ago.

It is very hypocritical that lots of women such as LittleRay and Taylor Made are all for male genital mutilation yet decry what's done to women and girls as female circumcision and falsely claim that you simply can't compare female circumcision with what's done to infant boys at all.

Or maybe Taylor and these other women are OK with the removal of the clitoral hood of the vagina? Lots of women get their clits pierced and put holes into their clitoral hood.

It is very hypocritical that lots of women such as LittleRay and Taylor Made are all for male genital mutilation yet decry what's done to women and girls as female circumcision and falsely claim that you simply can't compare female circumcision with what's done to infant boys at all.

Or maybe Taylor and these other women are OK with the removal of the clitoral hood of the vagina? Lots of women get their clits pierced and put holes into their clitoral hood.

FWIW, I did not say that I am pro circ.. I just said that it should not be banned. I also would never have an abortion, but would never stand against a woman's right to choose. Circ should be left to choice of the parents. You don't know what my children have between their legs, and I would rather keep it that way. I find it kind of creepy you're more concerned with what's between their legs than I am.

And male and female circ DOESN'T compare. You can't compare a paper cut to an AMPUTATION. Which is essentially what female circ is. Men who are cut or uncut are typically not looked at as less of a man and stigmatized as a woman who has had her sexual organ REMOVED, and is deemed as a broken unsexual, unsatisfiable mutation of what a woman should be. IF breasts weren't necessary to feed children in many countries, I am sure there would have been practices in place to remove them too, because those countries and groups that practice female circ want women desexualized not less sexualized (YES I KNOW I CREATED WORDS THAT DONT REALLY EXIST>>LOL). They do perform breast ironing which is "supposed" to lessen breast tissue and keep puberty at bay and to cause chest/breast scaring to make them less attractive. This is in addition to what I have already stated on the subject of Male v. Female circ.

So you attempt to generalize me and claim to know my standings, So in correction to your consistent argumentativeness.. I am for choice and basically want you to stay out of my kids pants.

She wasn't pro or anti, she was ... RATIONAL. That is why I quoted her. She didn't exaggerate or fling accusations like a damn ninny, which seems to be what happens to a lot of Anti-Circumcision activists on this board. Not all, but a lot.

You guys are a gross out picture away from being like the Operation Rescue people.

Stay out of how people raise their children. If you don't circumsize your children, good for you. Don't tell me what to do with mine.

*Taylor*
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Thank you. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    a circumcision is one operation.... not multiple ops,... but as I got told in this thread, multiple ops are different cos they are done out of love.....

speaking from the experience of a child that was old enuf to understand on going pain and suffering, mentally and emotionally, and hearing their parents constantly say its cos they loved me that I was going thru operation after operation and begging them to stop cos it hurt so much.....

you want to talk about the rights of a child... then apply the fucking rights to all children, not just the ones that suit your purpose.....

you wanna really know about pain, go spend a week in a childrens ward and see what they go thru.... and the way people stay around and say the children are so courageous and strong...... and ignore the fact the children have no fucking choice......

sure reason it out that you are saving the childrens lives by your actions so its a good thing.... but tell me something... who feels the pain, you or them.....

don't tell me about childrens rights when its about your own agenda.....and you are ignoring 99% of the hell children go thru cos you can not say its wrong to do it.....
    Are you droning on about children who need medical and surgical treatment again? No I cant say it is wrong to operate and help make them better and even save their life when its necessary.

I can say its wrong to operate on a child for no medical reason and occasionally, very rarely I accept, be the cause of the end of that life. Emotive? Yep. I agree. But not over emotional, just how it is.

It is because I can't ignore the children who have no choice because of illness and go through hell, and my inability to prevent that hell, that I feel as I do. To try and make people see that when we can prevent a child going through hell we do. That is why I believe as I do, and its no use getting narked at me for it. Don't worry, I forgive you.

I found what you quoted at mothersagainstcirc.org

If you want to actually read or find my sources you easily can. At least I'm not posting junk science like you are.
    LOL! Right. Dude, you get less creditable with every post you make. Keep going!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikey3000 View Post
    LOL! Right. Dude, you get less creditable with every post you make. Keep going!!!
    I don't care if you don't like my posts or sources.

This just shows that they're going against what you want to hear and foolishly believe that circumcision is something that's not genital mutilation at all and that somehow magically protects men and women from HIV and STD infection and transmission better than practicing safer sex correctly or condom use does.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    She wasn't pro or anti, she was ... RATIONAL. That is why I quoted her. She didn't exaggerate or fling accusations like a damn ninny, which seems to be what happens to a lot of Anti-Circumcision activists on this board. Not all, but a lot.

You guys are a gross out picture away from being like the Operation Rescue people.

Stay out of how people raise their children. If you don't circumsize your children, good for you. Don't tell me what to do with mine.

*Taylor*
    So based on your logic parents who are for female circumcision in its many forms as it is not just removing the clit, and immigrants and residents from countries where female circumcision is practiced should somehow be allowed to do this because it's their private right as parents.

Everyone that's anti-genital mutilation when it comes to male genital mutilation performed on non-consenting infant boys should all just STFU since you want to live in denial and pretend that male circumcision performed on infant boys without their consent isn't genital mutilation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sammie19 View Post
    Are you droning on about children who need medical and surgical treatment again? No I cant say it is wrong to operate and help make them better and even save their life when its necessary.

I can say its wrong to operate on a child for no medical reason and occasionally, very rarely I accept, be the cause of the end of that life. Emotive? Yep. I agree. But not over emotional, just how it is.

It is because I can't ignore the children who have no choice because of illness and go through hell, and my inability to prevent that hell, that I feel as I do. To try and make people see that when we can prevent a child going through hell we do. That is why I believe as I do, and its no use getting narked at me for it. Don't worry, I forgive you.
    sammie, you are the only anti circumcision person in this thread that has not ignored it, side stepped it or called it irrelevent....... and I appreciate you sharing your own opinion on what you think about medical surgeries... as circumcision can be a aspect of them......

when a person can say, they are against circumcision, but talk from another angle, using their own words, instead of posting numerous sites, articles and vids, ... then I can respect their stance a lot better, cos it means that they could debate in the street face to face and hear the other person expressing their stance too..... rather than have to abuse people cos they have no sites, vids or articles to copy and paste.....

so thank you for your reply, I appreciate it and the fact you replied in your own words without side stepping, ignoring or calling my post irrelevant

FWIW, I did not say that I am pro circ.. I just said that it should not be banned. I also would never have an abortion, but would never stand against a woman's right to choose. Circ should be left to choice of the parents. You don't know what my children have between their legs, and I would rather keep it that way. I find it kind of creepy you're more concerned with what's between their legs than I am.

And male and female circ DOESN'T compare. You can't compare a paper cut to an AMPUTATION. Which is essentially what female circ is. Men who are cut or uncut are typically not looked at as less of a man and stigmatized as a woman who has had her sexual organ REMOVED, and is deemed as a broken unsexual, unsatisfiable mutation of what a woman should be. IF breasts weren't necessary to feed children in many countries, I am sure there would have been practices in place to remove them too, because those countries and groups that practice female circ want women desexualized not less sexualized (YES I KNOW I CREATED WORDS THAT DONT REALLY EXIST>>LOL). They do perform breast ironing which is "supposed" to lessen breast tissue and keep puberty at bay and to cause chest/breast scaring to make them less attractive. This is in addition to what I have already stated on the subject of Male v. Female circ.

So you attempt to generalize me and claim to know my standings, So in correction to your consistent argumentativeness.. I am for choice and basically want you to stay out of my kids pants.
    It is men who are circumcised in this country, not women. Male circumcision deprives men of the most sensitive areas of their penis and full pleasure during sex. There is nothing a man can do to fully restore sexual function. That's oppressive, wouldn't you agree?

Yes you can compare both male and female circumcision.

Claiming that you somehow can't compare the two just shows how little you know about either male or female genital mutilation.

"…(B)oth male and female circumcisions raise the same human rights questions. Our mutual fight is against ignorance. People like us, those who have the pain, are the best fighters, because we know the pain of circumcision. What happened to you, you can’t change it, but you can help to stop it from happening to other children."
    --Shamis Dirir, Coordinator, London Black Women’s Health Action Project, interviewed in NOHARMM Health & Human Rights Advocate/July, 1997 (read the full article)

People who accept male circumcision as the cultural norm and who are unfamiliar with this debate are sometimes initially surprised when male circumcision is compared to female genital modification (FGM). Can male circumcision be compared to female genital modification? Yes, most definitely male circumcision can and should be compared to female genital modification.

Promoters of male circumcision like to say that there is no comparison between male circumcision and FGM. They point out the differences between male circumcision and the most severe form of FGM, infibulation. They are reluctant to admit that male circumcision is not the only form of male genital modification (MGM) and infibulation is not the only form of FGM.

There are different types of MGM ranging from minor to severe; they include genital piercing, circumcision, subincision, and castration. There are also different types of FGM ranging from minor to severe; they include genital piercing, sunna circumcision, excision, and infibulation.

The different forms of MGM have an analogous form of FGM in terms of damage done to the person whose genitals are being modified. Piercing a boy's penis is analogous to piercing a girl's clitoris or labia. Surgically removing the prepuce of a boy's penis is analogous to surgically removing the prepuce of a girl's clitoris (sunna circumcision). Cutting open the urethra of a boy's penis (subincision) is analogous to cutting off all or part of a girl's clitoris and/or labia minora (excision). And castration is somewhat analogous to infibulation, the most damaging form of FGM, which removes the clitoris and labia and then sews the sides of the vulva together leaving only a small opening.

MGM vs. FGM Male
    Genital Modification Female Genital Modification
    piercing the penis piercing the clitoris or labia
    male circumcision sunna circumcision
    subincision excision

All forms of genital modification, including genital piercing, are a violation of a child's right to their own bodily integrity. No national medical organization anywhere on the planet now recommends any form of genital modification for children, not even male circumcision. There is no medical indication for any surgical modification of a child's genitals unless there is a medical condition present that has not responded to less invasive treatments.

Should parents be allowed to pierce their son's penis or their daughter's labia? If it is unethical for a parent to pierce their child's genitals, why is it ethical for a parent to ask a doctor surgically remove a normal, healthy, functional part of their son's penis?

People who say that MGM and FGM can't compare often point to the different conditions that they're usually performed under, with MGM being performed by doctors in a hospital setting while FGM is performed in unsanitary conditions by an unqualified person with no medical training which results in a high complication rate. It may be true that most forms of FGM practiced in the Middle East are done this way, but what neglect to mention is that on these same countries boys are also circumcised in these same conditions, and with similar results yet they don't get nearly as much attention by human rights activists as the girls. Here are some news stories describing how circumcision is performed in these countries and what kind of complications result from it:

Circumcision That Didn't Heal Kills Boy
    The Boy's Circumcision Wasn't Healing Properly

CLEVELAND, Posted 6:46 a.m. October 20, 1998 -- A 3-week-old boy died while doctors were trying to fix a problem with his circumcision.

A pediatrician noticed the circumcision performed on Dustin Evans two weeks ago wasn't healing properly and the urethra was blocked.

A routine surgical procedure was needed to correct the problem and clear the hole. While being administered anesthesia on Friday, the boy's heart stopped, said his father, Dustin Evans Sr., 27.

Doctors at Rainbow Babies Childrens Hospital attempted to save the baby by massaging his heart and inserting breathing tubes. He was kept on a life-support ventilator system during the day until it was determined that his heart was healthy, but he had suffered massive brain damage.

Dustin was disconnected from life support about 7:30 p.m. Friday.

."You think," Evans said, "'What could go wrong with a circumcision?' The next thing I know he's dead. The doctors didn't tell us nothing. All they said was that they were sorry. So I guess my 3-week-old son died from nothing."

Here's something you should read if you claim to know anything about male or female circumcision:
    www. boystoo.com/fgm&mgm.htm

Here are the ways you can compare female and male circumcision and show how they both are mutilation and are the same thing but done to different genders.

Both involve cutting or mutilation of the genitals of babies and children who do not consent to it, both are done at the insistence of the parents because of silly religions and their dogma or cultural/societal factors and conformity such as: "OH NOES! MY CHILDREN WILL BE SEEN AS FREAKS IN THE LOCKER ROOM!!!!1", they're both supposedly beneficial both asthetically and with health benefits in countries where male and female circumcision is done, the effects of male and female circumcision are minimized by the supporters, many men and women who have been circumcised or had their genitals mutilated go on to have it done to THEIR OWN CHILDREN, both are extremely painful, both can cause very severe damage and death, and both are done in hospitals.

Ultimately, the message is clear: genital mutilation is gendered. These male and female genital operations are not merely seen to differ in degree, they are seen to differ in kind. Thus, despite the heterogeneous voices speaking out against female circumcision, a common thread unites many: all forms of female genital cutting are seen to constitute a sexual mutilation and violation of bodily integrity, and male genital operations are dismissed as benign.- Anthropologist Kristen Bell Genital Cutting and Western Discourses on Sexuality Medical Anthropology Quarterly, Vol. 19, Issue 2, pp. 125–148

It is men who are circumcised in this country, not women. Male circumcision deprives men of the most sensitive areas of their penis and full pleasure during sex. There is nothing a man can do to fully restore sexual function. That's oppressive, wouldn't you agree?

Continues on.. Blah blah Yadda Yadda. Redacted for lack of personal opinion authenticity and continual hyperbole......
    Men's Full pleasure.. Hmmmmm. I have yet to fuck a man cut or uncut and one say " awww it would of been better if I had a foreskin" Or "Damn Ain't nuthin like fuckin with my foreskin!".. Pretty much get the same response from both.. "Damn baby your pussy is so good" or some other words of satisfaction. I find it kind of sad, that to further your aguement, which it is for you, as much as it is a game, That for one.. You pretty much spend half your time pretty much insulting men who have had circs whether as an infant or chosen as an adult as one member has come out and spoken for himself how much better he enjoys it. But they are "mutilated" and therefor less of a penis to you. On to number 2. Posting a rare infant death, which even with the information contained within, doesn't attribute the infants death to the circ itself. So medically its irrelevant. I do not know if that infant was born with an inadequate urethra. Which does happen, Just like babies are born with too tight of sphincter in their anus and their body can not pass necessary gas or waste and they become incredibly ill. So he could have been born with the medical issue and his body became toxic due to not being able to properly void itself. The correction of the circ could have been a subsequent issue that was being dealt with simultaneously and not actually what put him into surgery. So You went for shock value and bolstering. Babies die for many reasons. Its a sad fact but it happens.

So you can disagree with me all you like, but to argue with me. You will lose. It takes two and let me just put it kindly.. You're not my "type"

Men's Full pleasure.. Hmmmmm.

Continues on.. Blah blah Yadda Yadda. Redacted for lack of personal opinion authenticity and continual hyperbole......
    Sorry but you're wrong. Who cares about who "wins" or "Looses" with attitudes like "circumcision of infant boys isn't genital mutilation at all and simply can't be compared to female circumcision at all!"

There have been cases where infant boys died from the shock that they went into during a circumcision.

Circumcision can cause death indirectly in a variety of ways, such that if the baby had not been circumcised, he would not have died. Below are cases of death caused by:

* Loss of blood
    * Anaesthetic
    * Infection (septicaemia)
    * Painkiller
    * Urethra blocked by a circumcision ring

No it is not "rare" for an infant boy to die from being circumcised.

Infant circumcision causes 117 deaths each year in US

April 26th, 2010

A new study published yesterday in Thymos: Journal of Boyhood Studies estimates that more than 100 baby boys die from circumcision complications each year, including from anesthesia reaction, stroke, hemorrhage, and infection. Because infant circumcision is elective, all of these deaths are avoidable.

The study concluded: “These boys died because physicians have been either complicit or duplicitous, and because parents ignorantly said ‘Yes,’ or lacked the courage to say ‘No.’” And called the deaths “an unrecognized sacrifice of innocents.”

The study found that approximately 117 neonatal (first 28 days after birth) circumcision-related deaths occur annually in the United States, one out of every 77 male neonatal deaths. The study also identified reasons why accurate data on these deaths are not available, some of the obstacles to preventing these deaths, and some solutions to overcome them.

what your repeated objections to the word "mutilation" ignore is the botched circumcisions which result in mutilation. For example, when part or all of the glans is removed "accidentally" during routine circumcision, that's mutilation, and removal of the foreskin itself on infants is a mutilation because the infant boy cannot consent at all.

Since I was a horny young man living in San Francisco in the late 1970s, I had the opportunity (and took it) to play with a lot of men. So I know from personal experience that there are plenty of botched infant circumcisions, with various degrees of botchedness. And some of them definitely DO rise to the level of mutilation, even if you don't agree that cutting off pleasurable, sensitive skin is mutilation. It's safe to argue that I know what I'm talking about.

Another point to remember is that an erect penis will often show problems that are not apparent when it's flacid. Most doctors see flacid, not erect penises. They don't see the skin that's so tight that it pulls the head of the penis almost flat, or damage to the glans that is not evident until it tries to expand when aroused, or places where the cut skin didn't grow together properly, and has pockets where bacteria can cause serious problems. So medical opinions that are based on visible damage to flaccid penises are inadequate - it's erect penises that show the damage most clearly.

It's men with backgrounds like mine who have seen the unfortunate, sometimes mutilated, results of botched circumcisions.

I'm sure that Katja or Sammie will write about a woman's perspective of how sex between a man that's cut and one that's intact with a foreskin is completely different and that men who are intact with a foreskin get way more sexual pleasure and give women more sexual pleasure than men who are cut or mutilated can imagine or perceive since they've never had a foreskin with its sensitive nerve endings that was taken away from them moments after they were born without their consent at all. That my dear is mutilation even if you want to wish and claim that it is not.

The overwhelming majority of males on this planet are intact or uncircumcised without and are living perfectly fine without HIV/STDs, penile cancer, or the other dire problems that circumcision proponents declare happen to all or most men who have foreskins that simply don't happen at all to men who are cut.

So based on your logic parents who are for female circumcision in its many forms as it is not just removing the clit, and immigrants and residents from countries where female circumcision is practiced should somehow be allowed to do this because it's their private right as parents.

Everyone that's anti-genital mutilation when it comes to male genital mutilation performed on non-consenting infant boys should all just STFU since you want to live in denial and pretend that male circumcision performed on infant boys without their consent isn't genital mutilation at all.
    Nope. That is not what I am saying. If that is what I meant, that is what I would have said.

Once again, you're playing reductio ad absurdum. From what I can tell in this thread, there is no definitive proof executed by non biased sources that male circumcision is equivalent to clitoral removal. But you had to go there in order to make your argument, which turns me off even FURTHER to what rational arguments could be made.

I've had sex with both cut and uncut men. There really isn't much of a difference once it's at full mast. The uncut man was great, but it wasn't his cock that made it great. It was his instruction and patience, it was his kissing, his oral skill and primal energy that knocked my socks off. Plus, he was Russian. Those guys are amazing in bed.

I'm pretty much done here. Some of you guys are basically the Jerry Fallwells of this site when this issue comes up.

*Taylor*
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Thank you. . .

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    I'm pretty much done here. Some of you guys are basically the Jerry Fallwells of this site when this issue comes up.
    Oh, but I've had it on good authority (and only two pages ago) that this debate is coming to its end on this thread! Why leave just before the show ends anyway?

D'oh, yeah, you're one of those reasonable people I like, aren't you?
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)