Passed along by a friend

There is a transgender person working at my Starbucks that I would love to get to know. She is clearly in the process of or has already been sexually reassigned to a female. I want to make friends with her because she seems awesome. I'm very curious about her change also. Since I care very much about others' feelings, I need some advice on what to do or not do on our first encounter outside of Starbucks. Thank you!

— In Love

...A couple of things you might want to keep in mind — do not assume she's interested in dating guys. A lot of T-girls don't. Whatever you do, don't be stingy and suggest you split the check. Pick it up. It's a sad fact but the transformation from male to female is not just a sexual reassignment; it's also a socio-economic one. They often break the bank to make themselves whole.

I would also haul out your inner gentleman. T-girls are often even more feminine than G-girls (genetic). If you want to impress her, a robust application of manners will take you a long way. Whatever you do, don't try to get her in bed right away. One friend begged his T-date to go home with him with this classic line: "Come on, you can't get pregnant!" It didn't work...
Full article here - http://clatl.com/atlanta/how-to-pick...nt?oid=3231953