Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you think this guy is flirting with me?

ref: my current avatar pic. bearded. solemn. in a park.

Last week on a generic social networking site, exclusively for gay and bisexual men, I recieved a comment underneath one of my profile pics: the same pic that i have here my avatar on bisexual.com.

------
    (username) wrote 10 days ago.

"This reminds me of this."

---
    He also liked his *own* comment and rated it 100%.

I should probably disclaim (sorry DuckiesDarling hun) that the link is a clip of a *film character* gunning down some people in a park - (rather mild by todays standards mind you) from the very dark but also very hilarious 1998 film comedy 'Happiness' by Todd Solondz

Questions:
    a) was this an amusing flirt or an expression of mindless contempt?
    b) how would u reply?

and

c) does it really remind you of that? <cos im thinking of going back to that Latino gangster face i had in the early days if it does>
    Last edited by dafydd; Mar 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
    "I like the pole & the hole."

Re: Do you think this guy is flirting with me?

Ummm not quite sure what he was referencing as that was a very disturbing scene. I think it was an attempt at being humorous that backfired. Personally, I'd ignore it and see if he comments again and no your pic doesn't remind me of that scene. I think it's a very nice pic and you are a very handsome man.
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

sorry my love i just added the disclaimer.
    but that's how i unprepared i was! he must have anticipated that.

actually it is a funny scene to me: notice the old woman on the bench, who can't act dead in the background.

LOL the old woman wasn't supposed to be dead but the hubby sure looked like he was on the way to dying. And yeah, it is mild compared to today's standards but from what I gather he was saying your pose reminded him of the shooter right before he went on his rampage.

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

thats just great.

ya avatar pic..... the guy is about 5ft6-7, mid to late 30s, localised back trouble ( posture ) and there is a slight wind chill factor in the air ( clothing and posture ) angle of sun and shadow place it early morning, late evening, hes moody and distant, lost in his own thoughts but there is a intention energy around him, hes going somewhere, but not a social place like a pub or a place to meet people.....

pink shirt, under red jacket, hes not afraid of being seen as gay, he doesn't care what people think about him, he wears what he wants, cos its what he has and cos its clean comfortable and it was what he put on in the morning....

facial hair is tidy, cared for but not shaped, just shaved and trimmed.....

he has a world weary look, so more than likely a manual labourer or person on a low income, lives in a 1-2 bedroom house / flat, lives quietly, enjoys a beer or two..... but is not that much of a tv watcher or hobbist, he perfers to sit and comtemplate the world around him and why he feels to be on the edge of society.......

lol nope, it doesn't come across as a person that would take a gun to a park.... the energy is not consistent with a person that would do that.... lol.... I would expect to see him take a pie to the park and sit there eating, or feeding bread to the ducks.... lol
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

i look 5ft 6?!

or maybe 5ft 7...? cant quite pin that last inch down hey lol..

posture?
    LDD.. I'm sitting down

....you say to yourself...it can't get any worse...and then...

anyway besides this threads thinly disguised and pathetic attempt at getting me some attention...
    ...MORE importantly im interested in why someone would make a link like that in their heads...its really the most bizarre thing ive seen in a long time...

1) see picture: of guy with grass in the background:
    2) make (local?) association in mind: of (fav?) mass murder killing spree film scene

strange but even stranger....

3) desired action: tell him. let him know he's ur murder muse.

bonkers

and im 6ft 3" ...blue eyes, GSOH, likes foreign films, enjoys walking in the park etc.
    Last edited by dafydd; Mar 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM.

lol yeah 5ft 6-7 in the pic.....

the average height of a person is 5ft7 to 5 ft 9.... if you are sitting down and a person is 6ft+ and taking a pic, then the angle of the pic would be on a downward angle, so we would see the top of the right shoulder and a lot of the left shoulder and arm... but in the pic the level of the pic is consistent with a pic taker that is less than 6ft tall.....

while you may be sitting and the person could be 6 ft tall, its not that common that people will take angled pics like that, they normally try and take a more level pic... so that points towards a person that is less than 6ft or kneeling down..... so yes, 5ft6-7 in the pic..lol

as for the video.... I would go with the energy of the expression of the face, quiet, distant yet focused and devoid of any real emotion....... but yeah.... how the pic reminded him of a mass shooting in a park, ..... mmmmm..... there would have to be some obscure thing that triggered the memory in their heads.....

I will not ask when ya first date is... lol

since you updated that you are 6ft 3... yeah I doubt the pic taker is 6ft 3 as well... and if they were any shorter, the pic would be angled up......

btw, get yourself measured when you are sitting down, and see if you are 5ft6- 7 sitting down, cos if you are not, DD will pay for our first date lol
    Last edited by Long Duck Dong; Mar 26, 2012 at 1:06 AM.
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Quote Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
    i look 5ft 6?!

or maybe 5ft 7...? cant quite pin that last inch down hey lol..

posture?
    LDD.. I'm sitting down

....you say to yourself...it can't get any worse...and then...

anyway besides this threads thinly disguised and pathetic attempt at getting me some attention...
    ...MORE importantly im interested in why someone would make a link like that in their heads...its really the most bizarre thing ive seen in a long time...

1) see picture: of guy with grass in the background:
    2) make (local?) association in mind: of (fav?) mass murder killing spree film scene

strange but even stranger....

3) desired action: tell him. let him know he's ur murder muse.

bonkers

and im 6ft 3" ...blue eyes, GSOH, likes foreign films, enjoys walking in the park etc.
    But do you like Pina Coladas?

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

@Long Duck Dong: You wouldn't happen to be a distant cousin of Sherlock Holmes would you? You picked that scene apart like some kind of madman/genius. I'm impressed by your powers of delusion (err sorry I meant to say deduction) but still lmfao

Now if you'd be so kind I'd like you to look at mine and deduce away.

@daffydd: Oddly enough after watching the clip it is uncannily similar. It's the mostly stoic sort of expression on your faces but with a look of determination in your eyes. That's not to say you look like the guy in the pic, but your expressions are one and the same.

Still, I'd approach this guy with caution or not at all, you might just end up in his deep freeze till his next summer barbecue. I never would have made that connection myself unless I'd just gotten through watching that scene before looking at your pic.
    Last edited by axlton; Mar 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axlton View Post

Now if you'd be so kind I'd like you to look at mine and deduce away.
    If I can interupt. (pushing LDD away) I'd like to try dude. I mean, I always think its important for younger bi guys like yourself and of course, myself, here on the site to have people their own age to talk with.

Ax...can i call you Ax mate? cool. cool.

Ax,

My first thought would be: wow, where did he do time?

My second thought would be: he must be 30 storeys high, because he's taller than that aquaduct he's standing next to at 9am in the morning or evening.

(muffled quacking sounds)

The duck probably thinks ur a midget or something insane like that. hahahah. oh he's just laid an egg.

Actually I'm 72 and 1/4 stories tall the aqueduct is a mere 14 feet tall (4.2672 meters for you non-Americans.) It only appears to be slightly shorter than I am due to a gravitational lensing effect. You see the mass of my testicles is so great that it causes a curvature of space-time thereby making background objects appear larger than they are. This Has caused a bit of a shake up at CERN as it was recently discovered that my testicles have been throwing off the results of experiments taking place at the Large-Hardon Collider.

And I've never done time, I'm just your typical West Texas redneck.

lol axlton.... ex military and ex counsellor / therapist, both roles in my life that required me to develop a kinda * 6th sense * about people and yeah I have always loved CSI shows and forensic pathology and site investigation.....

ok, you have two pics, one as your avatar and one that is a very tasteful and well presented nude pic.... so I will tell you what I get from each pic.....

lol ok both pics are angled up... and its possible that its the same person taking the pics, as the angle is similar tho the distance between you and the pic taker are different in both pics... but what I noticed is the angle of the roof on the left side of the avatar pic.... its the type of angle that I would expect to see if the person taking the pic is under 5ft3 or sitting down / kneeling..... both pics indicate that you are roughly 6 ft 2 or taller

both pics are consistent with a tall, solid, well built male that has the muscle definition of a active person... and while its possible to get that muscle definition by body sculpting / body building, the absence of abs definition in the nude pic, make me wonder if there is a mixture of manual laboring and body work.....the leg definition definitely point to a fit and active person....

there are aspects of two buildings in the pic, so it could well be a urban area that the pic was taken in... but your clothing is something that is natural, like a second skin and thats more common with people that are active outside... IE manual contractors, farmers, labourers..... and most of those people wear hats, not glasses, there is no tan lines on the face that indicate glasses... and a hat leaves no visible tan lines until a person takes it off

the bronzed skin that you have, is something that points towards a person that spends time outside a lot but not so much that they are constantly in the sun.... and I base that on the skin around the neck and face.... even with the hat shielding your eyes, wind burn would make the skin redder than the rest of your body and most farmers are well bronzed and weather worn in the face and neck.....

your arms in the nude pic are evenly tanned.... consistent with a tshirt, that rules out a trucker driver, they generally have one arm more tanned than the other....and most truck drivers do not have muscled legs..... but people that drive tractors and stuff like that, can develop tan lines on both arms....and the same type of muscular build in the shoulders and arms.....

what is interesting about both pics, is the way your body is....both pics show a issue with the left side of the body, in the avatar pic, your shoulder is slightly higher than the right, the muscle is not as fully developed around the chest and arm, and that is not unusual with a right handed person, but its the leg muscle in the nude pic that shows a unusual muscle development of the upper leg.... and that is something that happens in a few situations, a back injury, a leg injury... or a person that is often pulling on things like ropes or lifting things up as most right handed people put the left leg forward as a brace and use it to apply added pressure to push against something

gut feeling is to ask when you injured yourself playing sports or riding a motorbike.....

the way you type and talk... is clear, short, concise... average to good grades at school, intelligent.... and fort worth has a military base and oil fields and farm work..... where you live is more open land, so farming / contracting work is more likely with a possible stint in the military

Actually no military... At the time the pic was taken I was an Equipment operator for the county, but I mostly drove the patch truck, i.e. filling potholes with a lot of shovel work so your guess of farm work is not far off in a way. I was on open cap equipment sweepers rollers and loaders, but did a lot of manual labor as well. As for the differences in muscle development from my left to right side it is partially from a broken clavicle as a child, but more so from the fact that I'm a 20 year plus guitar player. It is very common for sting instrument players to develop differently on each side, as you are constantly using your arms in completely different ways in relation to one another. The left shoulder, while smaller is much more defined and just as strong as the right.

www.youtube.com/rstarwater if you care to hear some of my other stuff

As for my height both pics were taken from a tripod with a timer. I'm only 5' 8", never the less it is mathematically impossible to make a determination on the height of an object unless you have another object of known height and distance from the subject for comparison. But with people you can make a guess and will likely not be far off as the majority of people fall within a narrow range of heights. You were only six inches off on mine and while that may seem like a mile to some it's not that much really.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    lol axlton.... ex military and ex counsellor / therapist, both roles in my life that required me to develop a kinda * 6th sense * about people and yeah I have always loved CSI shows and forensic pathology and site investigation.....
    ...and that you're a huge letch ...

ok, you have two pics, one as your avatar and one that is a very tasteful and well presented nude pic.... so I will tell you what I get from each pic.....
    ...I think we can picture exactly what your getting...

lol ok both pics are angled up... and its possible that its the same person taking the pics, as the angle is similar tho the distance between you and the pic taker are different in both pics... but what I noticed is the angle of the roof on the left side of the avatar pic.... its the type of angle that I would expect to see if the person taking the pic is under 5ft3 or sitting down / kneeling..... both pics indicate that you are roughly 6 ft 2 or taller
    the only thing that's clear loosey goosey, is what position you're currently in. Sure you're not really a turkey, with that perfect squat and gobble of yours?

both pics are consistent with a tall, solid, well built male that has the muscle definition of a active person... and while its possible to get that muscle definition by body sculpting / body building, the absence of abs definition in the nude pic, make me wonder if there is a mixture of manual laboring and body work.....the leg definition definitely point to a fit and active person....
    im gonna throw up.

there are aspects of two buildings in the pic, so it could well be a urban area that the pic was taken in... but your clothing is something that is natural, like a second skin and thats more common with people that are active outside... IE manual contractors, farmers, labourers..... and most of those people wear hats, not glasses, there is no tan lines on the face that indicate glasses... and a hat leaves no visible tan lines until a person takes it off
    I'm going to step on your nest eggs soon duck-face.

the bronzed skin that you have, is something that points towards a person that spends time outside a lot but not so much that they are constantly in the sun.... and I base that on the skin around the neck and face.... even with the hat shielding your eyes, wind burn would make the skin redder than the rest of your body and most farmers are well bronzed and weather worn in the face and neck.....

found Mr. Right again today hey? must be your lucky ducky.... mallard monday.

your arms in the nude pic are evenly tanned.... consistent with a tshirt, that rules out a trucker driver, they generally have one arm more tanned than the other....and most truck drivers do not have muscled legs..... but people that drive tractors and stuff like that, can develop tan lines on both arms....and the same type of muscular build in the shoulders and arms.....

yeah they also say that duck meat is rather fatty, and there's so much loose skin afterwards, it never really crisps up.

what is interesting about both pics,
    ...is that they've already been printed out, laminated and used as place mats by lord of the rings over there in hobbit land.

is the way your body is....both pics show a issue with the left side of the body, in the avatar pic, your shoulder is slightly higher than the right, the muscle is not as fully developed around the chest and arm, and that is not unusual with a right handed person, but its the leg muscle in the nude pic that shows a unusual muscle development of the upper leg.... and that is something that happens in a few situations, a back injury, a leg injury... or a person that is often pulling on things like ropes or lifting things up as most right handed people put the left leg forward as a brace and use it to apply added pressure to push against something
    and all i got was, 'you're posture is bad, love'

gut feeling is to ask when you injured yourself playing sports or riding a motorbike.....
    really, cos my gut feeling is telling me to do something else...

the way you type and talk... is clear, short, concise... average to good grades at school, intelligent.... and fort worth has a military base and oil fields and farm work..... where you live is more open land, so farming / contracting work is more likely with a possible stint in the military
    ...basically he thinks your trade and is reasurring you that conversation won't be required...
    ..someone fetch me my hunting rifle.... got me some clay pigeons to shoot.... this is not the first time my date has left with someone else. who knew it would be a hobbit with too many feathers in his craw.
    Last edited by dafydd; Mar 26, 2012 at 4:25 AM.

Very nice, Axlton. I enjoyed listening to you play and I did check out the other vids. Thanks for sharing that part of yourself.

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

lol axlton

the patch truck work, yes I know what you mean... my step father used to work for a firm that did that type of work, and I would often help at the weekends, but that was more to do with bulldozer / digger work and some demo work.....

your guitar playing is beautiful.... the type of music I could listen to for hours......lol, I used to play myself until I developed RSI ( repetitive strain injury ) and severe tendinitis in the right hand / palm area.... and the result was a hand that I can use to play but its stiff and that made picking and plucking very difficult now....

yeah it is impossible without distances and measurements, to accurately tell heights and weights so I generalise, using basic / generic principals, lol.... sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't....... but its more the aspects of a person that I find to be more of a challenge as it requires me to really study the pics and what people can say in posts and threads, tho I love the no info challenges, where there is just a couple of pics, and nothing else to go on lol

oh yeah i was waiting for her to chime in. the other half of the double act. she doesn't go away empty handed. a bird in his hand equals two in her bush.

and to think... i should have seen it coming....i mean have u seen the friends I have on my profile.

roflmao, dafydd..... no wonder DD was laughing her head off when she mentioned that you posted lol.....

ne'er Sherlock Holmes himself would bow to your deductions. my favourite line from your astute ass-kissessment is

"but people that drive tractors and stuff like that, can develop tan lines on both arms...."

you always manage to point out the things in life most people aren't dumb enough to notice, Ding Dong. lol xxxxx
    Last edited by dafydd; Mar 26, 2012 at 4:36 AM.

lol. I used to work at a timberyard... it was my first job when they threw me out of school at 14.... 8 months of stacking timber, and swapping bullshit with the truckies, I learnt a few things about being a truckie.... and most modern tractors have full view cabs, trucks don't, so for NZ truckies, their right arm is normally more sunburnt than the left cos the left hands in the shade changing gears and the right arm is close to the side window and often catching rays..... but most farmers have both arms sunburnt...

years later, when I was helping my stepfather with bulldozer work, we both used to come home with both arms burnt to hell and back from the 10 hours a day in the sun..... bloody cabless dozers...lol

it was my old sarge that used to say to me, that its the one thing that you miss, that will be the last thing you ever remember when you fuck up royally...... and bugger me if that bastards words have not haunted me for years...

Quote Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
    oh yeah i was waiting for her to chime in. the other half of the double act. she doesn't go away empty handed. a bird in his hand equals two in her bush.

and to think... i should have seen it coming....i mean have u seen the friends I have on my profile.

LMAO, well darling we are a package deal

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

quaint tale grandad: but all u need to develop tan lines on both arms is the sun and a T-shirt.
    thanks a lot by the way. whilst u were jabberwocking, the red neck trade has gone and slipped out a back door, and not the one you practically begged him to use.
    i'm ditching you two at the next whore house.
    until then you're just life sized bobble-heads, here to scare the crows away.

dx

and stop that hagraven of yours chipping in. she's like that squawking ostrich head on the top of the wise man in Labryinth. it's like nails on a chalkboard everytime i read her jibber-jabber. she's got a beak on her that would make getting your ding-dong caught in your zipper feel like a fleshlight.
    Last edited by dafydd; Mar 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM.

you are leaving us at DD's place ??? lol.......

true, all you need is the sun and a T-shirt.... but thats what most people would see...... lol.... its people like me that do not just see a man with a beard in your avatar pic, we see one of the UK's top stud muffins and a prize that fran ( darkeyes ) never managed to catch lol

Looks at Dafydd, Looks at LDD, looks back at Dafydd, looks back at LDD.... Shakes head and wonders off for more coffee while mumbling about men trying to be funny

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

Ok Duck I am a truck driver how do you explain doth my arms being evenly tan

Quote Originally Posted by biwmtrucker44 View Post

Ok Duck I am a truck driver how do you explain doth my arms being evenly tan
    every truck driver is different.... some truck drivers are active outside of the truck as well..... but your pics are evenly tanned all over.... most people that are nudists or sun bakers, have the same type of tan.... or people that are not really in the sun that much or covered up but they have a natural tanned looking skin and you look to have a light all over natural tan

now I know you are a long haul truckie... but if I didn't... this is what I would get from your pics....

the interesting thing about your pics, is that they speak of a person that travels a lot, so you may not get out in the sun that much and what gives me that impression is the fact that a couple of your pics are taken in what looks to be motel rooms and rest room bathrooms ( the generic white tiles and the pink sign on the door ) and that indicates ( plus your profile location ) that you do long trips and its not uncommon for long haul type drivers to not always be tanned.....

in a couple of the pics, there appears to be snow which would be consistent with the thermal jacket you are wearing and most of your pics are indoors and you have a light skin tone.... it would appear that most of the pics were taken during the colder parts of the year and so you would have no real tan lines cos of that, in your pics...

something I am curious about is that in one of your pics, you have a ring about the base of your penis, and this is something that can be used by guys whose testicles have a habit of slipping up under the skin or retracting into the body..... but that may not be the case, as you tend to change your appearance ( jewellry ) a lot, so it can be a cosmetic thing... the base of your penis in one of the pics indicates that you do not always wear the ring, and that you do take it off .... plus it would be a pain in the ass to shave around it like you do....

ok can we stop fooling around now and be friends again.
    i want to go back to being that boring, morally righteous, prude that first caught you're eye.
    you're 2 of the few people who publicly associate with me on here. im not sure why - it's clear i value and respect all of my friends.
    come on - let's go hold hands.

re: Fran. I don't talk much about what happened. legally prevented.
    i would have given everything to that woman..... not just my right arm.
    but in the end, she couldn't leave Scotland....or so she said. i think she knew secretly that I was a love rat.
    so i left...to save her the pain of ratting me out, to spare her that at least. i denied everything. lied to save my skin...but all for her ... Soon after the break-up, she started typing her messages in orc tongue... went quite mad....only i knew that even in orc tongue it was jibberish. but i said nothing.

Frannie....

hugs dafydd..... you can go back to being a boring morally righteous prude if you want.... lol.... but DD still wants to put her tongue in ya ear