Register

World of Tanks

1. BiRobb
    BiRobb
    World of Tanks

Been playing this one for a couple of years now... not so much lately but I highly recommend it. Basically it's shooter style game where you operate a tank. There are tons of tanks from Russia, Germany, U.S.A., U.K., France and China. The tanks used are all from the WWI to the 1950's (although there might be some from the early 60's). You can purchase stuff with cash if you like, but I have never spent a cent on anything there. Tanks and players are put on to random battlefields with random teams based on how much skill your troops have and what kind of equipment you are using. So, you are always playing against human players skills levels are advanced through experience points and you can purchase upgrades on your vehicles by earning credits. The more successful you are in a battle determines how much xp and credits you get.

Your troops (ie: tank operators) can get secondary skills such as "Dead Eye" which gives them a better chance of doing critical damage to your enemy and so on. You can purchase camouflage that is effective for ambushing your enemy and hiding when you are heavily damaged. You can also purchase different types of ammo that is more effective depending on the situation and complex equipment like spall liners (that make your tank more resistant to explosions) or binocular scopes (that give you more effective view range) which is great for scouting.

You can win medal and awards for doing things like destroying 6 or more enemies (Top Gun) or identifying enemies so your team can more effectively attack or defend (Scout). There are medals and awards for all kinds of situations and achievements. Every now and then you can get awarded with gold which you can buy premium items with or a free tank if you just by having an account.

If you are interested in signing up I would also recommend looking on line for promo codes for new accounts you get a bunch of extra stuff (including gold) that you can only purchase with cash, but are free when you use these codes.

And finally there are clans and companies you can join, that have competitions which you can win in some cases (though it's rare cash prizes or electronics, etc.) and gold (which is far more common).

If you feel like signing up and want any advice on how to play or make purchases and upgrades there are tons of tutorials on youtube and a World of Tanks pdf (manual) you can dl if you want to. If anyone is interested let me know and maybe we can form a clan of members from this site which I think would be very cool. For that you would need a headphone/mic combo, but that's a topic for another time.