Register

New direction

1. liberlib
    liberlib
    I have been asked to take over ownership of this group. I noticed when I joined that there was not much traffic. The description seemed kind of broad and not particularly LBGTH focussed. So, as a start, I would like to ask you what you would like to see for this group:

a. Do we want a topic for online games?
    1. Which online games?
    2. Reviews of the games or discussions of strategies?
    3. How would this apply to a LBGTH subfocus?
    b. Do we want a topic for electronic games, not online?
    1. Which games?
    c. Do we want a topic for sports games?
    1. Which games?
    d. Do we want a topic for table games (board or card)?
    1. Which games?
    e. Do we want a topic for social games?
    1. Which games?

Personally, unless someone can come up with an aspect that I am not aware of, many other sites than bisexual.com cover many of these for someone just interested in gaming. Therefore, I consider subquestion 3 critical.

For that, there are many games that can have an LBGTH flavour or interest among board and social. I don't see that with sports and online (although nude volleyball games or touch football may also have some interest). But sports normally is not an interest for gamers.

I will leave the original topic thread up for members to just announce game interests where they would like to share that interest with others who may be interested--sort of an extension to the profile/advertisement where you can identify a possible topic of interest to share that a new potential friend may like to discuss in private messages to start a long personal discussion.

How about it? Anyone willing to join me brainstorming a new direction?

Liber, Game Master
  2. liberlib
    liberlib
    Here is a thought. I have played board games by correspondence before the electronic email and messaging. I would not consider this an online game in the categories I suggested even though it is supported by online activity. The ones I played were strategic games that were not dependent on random number generation (dice, wheel, or card draw). In interest in trying to set up something interesting in that line? We might even find a way to add a little random throw.
  3. Litheful
    Litheful
    just to help tis out, I had found an online dice roller ... you create an "account" with a password ... then let others know of the online info is, and everyone logged in can see the dice selected and "rolled", even with chosen colors.

Hope this helps.

http://www.catchyourhare.com/diceroller/
  4. liberlib
    liberlib
    Thank you, Litheful. How about telling us something about your interests in games. From your profile, at least one of you or both enjoy RPG games. If so, which ones and do you have interesting characters? I have a thief that can climb almost anything (and he cheats to succeed if it is unclimbable) but is deathly afraid to swim or go in a boat. He tolerates tall ships just because he can live in the rigging.

Liber
  5. Litheful
    Litheful
    I (John) have been a gamer since I was about 8 or 9.

I started with D&D and AD&D. Eventually, I got to expand into games like Star Wars, Shadowrun, BattleTech/MechWarrior, Palladium (Rifts, TMNT, Robotech, etc.), GURPs, and various White Wolf (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Exalted, etc.).

Not to mention the electronic games starting back with Atari, Apple IIe, Commodore 64 & 128d, modern PC, Sega, Nintendo, first 3 Playstations, X-box, etc.

My top current games are Guild Wars (1 & 2), Skyrim, etc.

Board Games: Checkers, Chess, Backgammon, Monopoly, Risk, Axis&Allies, Life, Spy vs Spy (from the producers of MAD magazine), Cathedral, Dark Tower (my favorite), ShadowLord, etc.

and Card games: BlackJack, Poker, Rummy (and variants), Uno, Hearts, Solitaire, etc.