Register

How can you, as a bisexual minister, be a teacher and model of morality, especially s

1. hanalee
    hanalee
    For me, as a Christian, the heart of all morality is love and compassion. The essence of sexual morality is loving commitment. These are the values that I work to pass on to my own children as a mother and to the young people in the church as a pastor. I suppose you could say that my life's way, which I have shared, has been a model of these teachings. I practice what I preach.

Were a young person in my congregation to hear about my being bi and come to me to ask about sexual morality and being bisexual, I expect I would say this:

God says to us, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." (Jeremiah 1:5). God knew me and loved me before I was even formed. God chose to make me bisexual. And God wants me to live a life in harmony with the laws Jesus gave to us. We are to love God and love our neighbor.

God's loving covenant with us is the model for the covenant of love we eventually may make with another in this life. The blessing that comes from meeting that life challenge -- to grow in love with another -- is available to us all, including to me as a bisexual.

I pray that would be helpful.