Register

The difference between submission and slavery

1. Lady Enigma
    Lady Enigma
    The difference between submission and slavery can be a very simple yet complicated thing.

In submission you have a choice. You can say stop (red) and the scene/play stops. You can put limits on your Dominant. The Dominant in turn must abide by those limits. In a sense, the submissive has control or more control over the Dominant than a slave would have.

A slave does not have these controls. While they may still have safewords, they give their Dominant complete control of them. The Dominant says when the scene/play stops and the slave trusts that the Dominant won't push the slave too far or damage the slave.

For all you submissives/slaves which are you? Do you like your place in the lifestyle? Are there any benefits? How do you feel about your choice?
  2. billwag69
    billwag69
    Thanks for the interpretation. I have never really done either, but do think I fit into the submissive category. Although sometimes, being dominate would be fun. It turns me on more to fantasize more about being submissive.
  3. 2bi2Bboring
    2bi2Bboring
    In BDSM the differences between submission and slavery are subtle. I feel you are correct in saying it has more to do with attitudes and control limits than actual treatment and behavior. But slavery is a condition of extreme trust, one where control is completely held by the Dominant, the slave's role is to receive whatever the Dominant feels is appropriate to the situation and do it without complaint. Submissives are a much more complicated lot, they can be far more problematic and picky. Roles and limits are hammered out by both parties and often set by long term negotiation.
  4. Tight1-4u
    Tight1-4u
    I am definitely submissive.. I love being submissive.. I am more dominant in real life so turning to my submissive side during sex Is very erotic to me..
  5. MAcpl69
    MAcpl69
    My wife is not really submissive. She has agreed to the slave role and done very well. As her master I try to take her outside her comfort zone and she has admitted that she now does thinks she would have never done and now she enjoys it (like anal she loves to get her asshole used).
  6. cornholejoe
    cornholejoe
    i tried it both ways sub or slave i prefer sub because slave is a different thing all together