Register

Favorite board games?

1. DiamondDog
    DiamondDog
    What are some of your favorite board games? I like chess, checkers, Parcheesi, and Monopoly.
  2. Flounder1967
    Flounder1967
    It's an oldie and not well known Aquire. You build hotel chains and but stock in the chains. It's alot of fun.
  3. liberlib
    liberlib
    Caatan, Diamond Soltaire, hand and foot, Risk, Clue, Scotland Yard, Dungeons, Thieve's World, Mahjong, Kingmaker, London Underground. Unfortunately, most of those play best with about four people and may be difficult to arrange within this group.

Backgammon, chess, and trying to learn 'Chinese' chess, double soltarie--for two people. Some lesser known two people games are Ogre (a Steve Jackson game), Starship Troopers.

For this group, strickly a daytime player as my evenings and weekends are always booked up.;
  4. dougbi
    dougbi
    Ooo I want to try Catan
  5. liberlib
    liberlib
    What do you know about Catan? In addition to the base game there are a number of extensions such as Knights and Cities, sea farers, Traders and Barbarians. The basic game is difficult to play without at least three or, preferably, four players and most to the extensions/variations are the same but there is one two-person variant. The interesting element in the game is building a random placement of terrain hexes as the board where (most) hexes are the source of supplies needed to build roads and towns and to eventually win. The base game has grain, bricks, metal, and wood. The other variants had textiles, manufactured goods and other resources and ways to acquire them as well as more political objectivers and heavier requirements for resources.

Any interest in discussing it further? If there is, I'll add it as a topic.

Liber