Register

The Obligatory Introductions Thread

1. Melody Dean
    Melody Dean
    You know the deal, introduce yourself here.
  2. Melody Dean
    Melody Dean
    You can call me Mel. I'm a reader from Indiana. I normally read fantasy and horror, although I do have quite the erotic book collection. I have a shelf on my bookshelf next to my bed dedicated to erotic and taboo literature.

I'm also a writer. I've written 7 books so far, self published 2, and am working on publishing the 3rd. So far, they've all been horror and fantasy. I'm ashamed to say that most of the romances in my books have been straight, although the last one I wrote had a bisexual romance between the main characters. I haven't done anything with that book since I wrote it; it'll take a lot of work, but I'll probably clean it up someday.

I've started my next book which does have a bisexual main character and probably borders on erotic. Unfortunately, as cliche as it probably sounds at this point, it is a vampire romance. I don't care, I'm writing it for me.

I feel like I should also mention that I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey. I probably will at some point, just to say I read it.
  3. Meliss
    Meliss
    Hi I go by Meliss and I am an avid reader when in the mood. I mostly enjoy any situation in literature when two or more consenting adults get it on. I admit that adding some unusual situation can add to any story.

Hence when the people start playing and express and submit to desires that you probably won't see on prime time TV it can be a treat.

Mix lust with desires and romance and I am enthralled.

My fantasy comfort zone way exceeds my real life comfort zone.
  4. desertboi
    desertboi
    Hi, I'm Piper. I'm a published writer of literary fiction in a couple of literary journals, but on the side I love to write erotica, mostly dealing with bi and gay men. I'm working on a fantasy epic novel that incorporates various sexual tastes -- female domination, hetero, bi mmf -- into a world of mysticism and adventure. Basically, I love to read and write erotica that transcends the stigma of the style; that is, I like well-written stories and characters first, but also love the buildup and tension of pretty graphic and hot sex scenes. I've just started to write a series of short stories dealing with gay characters in historical settings.

In terms of reading, I do a LOT of it. I usually have three books I'm reading at once at different times of day: a shorter "serious" literary novel or collection of short stories (my favorites including Faulkner, Pynchon, Chabon, Vollmann, just off the top of my head), then a huge mammoth epic book (usually post-modern and confusing), and then a fantasy/erotica one when I'm alone at night (my favorites here, in terms of erotic fiction and fantasy, are Mercedes Lackey, James Lear, Jacqueline Carey, and especially Richard K. Morgan).

Anyway, that's about it. I'm not one to talk about myself. But thank you for developing such a great community here, as well as starting a group based on reading/writing. I'm excited to start chatting it up with you guys.
  5. BloodSugarSexMagic
    BloodSugarSexMagic
    Hi, I'm Richard.
    I'm a musician (BFA guitar performance) with very eclectic taste. I love any music that's good. The same goes for movies. I love good movies of all flavors; old, new, G to XXX. I've seen over 60,000 (for real). I read voraciously - at least 2 novels a week; sometimes 3 & 4.
    I have written several pieces of erotic literature but it's all amateur at best. I hope to really be a writer, not just a guy who types as a hobby.

I've posted in the Erotica Group & got little or no response which was really encouraging.

He bows deeply... "It's a pleasure to meet you."
  6. cbj4162
    cbj4162
    I am Brad.
    I am bi and I am married to a lovely and understanding woman. I enjoy both reading and writing erotic fantasy. Same-sex sensual situations are very erotic, in my opinion.
  7. NakedInSeattle
    NakedInSeattle
    Hi, group. Larry here. I'm a married bi guy (I spell it bi gi) and lover of erotic literature - especially bisexual. I'm also an experienced editor. I do it for the fun - no profit. If any of you feel the need of my services, please contact me.
  8. BiFiHotspot
    BiFiHotspot
    Hi all.Mark here.44 separated WM here in Louisiana .I enjoy reading and writing fiction/sci-fi/fantasy erotic as well