Register

DD's Corner This and That and in between

A straight but flexible point of view

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
I never really understood what it felt like to be the odd one out until I came to bisexual.com. I was straight as an arrow and deeply in love with my partner, a bisexual male, or as I like to say with a male that just happens to be bisexual. When he first told me about his being bisexual, ironically enough by sending me to the site to view his profile, I wasn't shocked. We had met in a PG13 chat room and sometimes the things he said made me wonder. We married in that game and I found he treated me better than my real life husband, the little things like remembering upcoming events that were important to me really opened my eyes up. When I got over the fear of being alone and told my unfaithful husband I wanted a divorce I found I was never really alone at all. Within two weeks my partner and I became a sexually involved cybering couple and love grew that culminated in me going to NZ 8 months after we started being involved to see if it was real. It was. I am now happily making plans to move to New Zealand and he is ready to get married for the first time in his real life.

What gets frustrating for me is the amount of people who view us as an "internet relationship", clearly these people don't understand that when you are honest with someone love can really bloom online and it can even be stronger than anyone who meets up at a bar or any other place in real life. We cyber, we phone, we exchange some very intense erotic stories and all in all we have a better sex life than some couples who actually share a bed together.

I have slowly begun to realize through long talks with him that I am not purely straight even though I have no sexual attraction at all to females. But some of the scenarios we discuss sound very interesting and I am open to the idea of some contact in the future as part of something we share as a couple. So I call myself heteroflexible, to me that means I am straight but I have an open mind. I am not rigid in my sexuality as some are and defend my right to call myself by a label I self identify by.

There are times I wish a certain few posters would understand that what works for them doesn't work for all and not everything posted in wikipedia is applicable to all people. We are all unique and we all have quirks and we all deserve to be given the opportunity to be who we are fully without anyone judging or thinking we are lying to ourselvs or in denial about bisexuality. If I was bisexual, I'd proudly claim it, but I'm not. I'm heteroFLEXIBLE, yes emphasis on the flexible. I am me and that's all I ever want to be is me.:tongue:

Submit "A straight but flexible point of view" to Digg Submit "A straight but flexible point of view" to del.icio.us Submit "A straight but flexible point of view" to StumbleUpon Submit "A straight but flexible point of view" to Google

Comments

I really like your way of looking at things, DD. You have helped me so much and I know for a fact what a deep and caring person you are. Please don't change being yourself, it's a great thing to be :)
    [QUOTE]these people don't understand that when you are honest with someone love can really bloom online and it can even be stronger than anyone who meets up at a bar or any other place in real life.[/QUOTE]

Some of us do. Met my wife via chatting online. We spoke for about three months. She asked me to come to her college graduation ceremony. I would have loved to have been able to but was unable. I asked her why it was important to her. "Well, can't a girl want to have her boyfriend see her graduate?"

Right there she had sealed her fate with a mistake. She called me her boyfriend. Now, after twelve years of being married in April and fifteen years of being together on the seventeenth of this month, I'm still her boyfriend. :) We have a lot of differences between us. For example I'm the idealist and insane dreamer. She's the practical and simple living prude. But for all the differences we love one another.

Our relationship is really open. Some may even ask why we bothered marrying. Well, love does that. And I asked to marry her without ever seeing her, no pictures, no cams, nothing. I loved her and that was all that mattered. When I told her about being bi, figured all was lost. Her response was "I love you, that's all that matters." She still married me knowing right up front, well not exactly up front. I waited three months to see.

So yes, some of us get it. Keep on being who you are. :)
    Thank you, Rhevan :) And thank you Void, I'm glad you get it and I don't intend changing :)
    I loved your post, and can tell by reading it, that you're not one to change your point of view, or self image simply because of what others say or do or write. Bravo to you, and to your uniqueness!

not sure where I 1st read this quote but I love it: "Be yourself, because everyone else is taken."
    Kudos to you! I'm SO sick of married men trying to entice us into their very straight wife under the guise of "maybe if it's with the right woman, and you could be it". I'm not into trying to "covert" anyone. Be happy with who you are, be honest about who you are, and life will be fine. And on a side note another huge props to you for being another woman who accepts you man for being bi. I feel bad for the men who's wife/gf would leave them just based on that. (Althgh them cheating is WAY worse) jmo