PDA

View Full Version : Help with my EMail

texasman6172003
Feb 18, 2009, 12:39 PM
Hey y'all.Wellas a lot of you know im not the smartest cookie,so to speak when it comes to computer stuff. Well i know there are people Like Allbi,Peg,Elian and others on the site that know a lot more than me. I have been playing on a gaming site now for a little over a year called King.com. Some of you i know have heard of it. Well hadn't had a problem logging in till recentley to play.I had just more or less became a gold member,which allows you too play in cash tournaments and such. What i am needing though,is how to find the IP Address of netzero.com. Which is our normal email company. King is saying i can't log in because the state they are in wont allow cash games. What i need too know is do any of you know where there IP Address is located? In what state? Y'all may not be able to help,But i would appreciate any and all help i recieve. I know we have some computer savvy people here. Thanks y'all. Oh meant to add i have emailed United Online which is the parent company,of course haven't heard back yet,:rolleyes:...Im at me wits end here,:banghead:

allbimyself
Feb 18, 2009, 4:09 PM
Tex,

I doubt they are using the IP to determine location. A large company like Netzero will have email servers located in many different locations, with many IP addresses. They are probably using Netzero's whois data (which places them in California).

Either way (by IP, whois, or any other method), using an email address to determine location is extremely haphazard. There is nothing to stop one from getting email through a service anywhere in the world. The only way to determine location for something like this that will legally stand up is using a credit card capture and use AVS.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help your current situation. If you can determine if NY is ok, I can get you an email address here, no charge.

texasman6172003
Feb 18, 2009, 4:19 PM
Tex,

I doubt they are using the IP to determine location. A large company like Netzero will have email servers located in many different locations, with many IP addresses. They are probably using Netzero's whois data (which places them in California).

Either way (by IP, whois, or any other method), using an email address to determine location is extremely haphazard. There is nothing to stop one from getting email through a service anywhere in the world. The only way to determine location for something like this that will legally stand up is using a credit card capture and use AVS.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help your current situation. If you can determine if NY is ok, I can get you an email address here, no charge.

Thank You Allbi,I will go and check the list of States and see 1st if it's on that list,TY,Allbi.. I will let you know

proseros
Feb 20, 2009, 1:05 AM
Start > Programs > Command Prompt OR

Run > comand prompt

type: Ping netzero.com

In case that's too much for you the IP is 64.136.45.71