PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts of involving your non-bisexaul partner?

Mr. X
Nov 24, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hello everyone,

My wife and I came to this site a little over a mouth ago to express our frustration about our relationship and my lack of my respect or knowledge of her bi-sexuality. Perhaps the biggest fault was due to my insecurities and inability to respond to her appropriately about this.

Much has changed; we now openly talk about our concerns and needs to each other. Trust is building on both sides along with understanding what has driven us to not trust others in the past. Nothing has been magically solved nor would I say we are a 100% fixed but much good has come from the members from this site and our ability to finally talk though much of our fears from past relationships that have left us both scared.

My wife said to me that she was unfair to me because her heart is monogamist but her body is polymerous and that she would not be willing for me to be the same way to her. I am straight and have no thoughts or needs to be with someone else or have sex with anyone else and I’ am good with that. Now, I would say this is unfair if we are looking at this from only at what society tells us. But that is not the true of it nor is that the case in our relationship.

I was reading some old posts because I am looking for people who have made positive head way in relationships where only one person is bi-sexual and or the problems/issues they faced along the way.

Here is what she wants:

She is not interested in having sex with another woman at this time, but will at some point. She does not want to have a relationship with anyone else but me. She wants to only act upon desires when I am present and the only person that I may interact with is her. If anyone at any point is uncomfortable at any point the whole thing will stop.

My wife likes to go down on women more then anything but from what has been told to me and rarely likes being touched by them, but in some cases very much so. She loves to kiss and touch…no matter who it is :P And has told me how she usually finds girls that are ok with this type of interaction.

As for myself I listened to what she said and was pleased that she wants to only act upon these needs when I’m around and also that she likes to be the “giver” instead of the “receiver” per say. These two items I think are applying to my insecurities and from I can tell my visual comfort and I hate to say it…the “typical male” inside of me. To be honest I do know.

I do know that I am willing to allow her to be her self and fulfill her needs on mostly her terms. I say this because there needs to be compromises on both sides in any relationship.

So this brings back to my question. I came across this post (below) and it really stuck with me. First off because I was that guy that made it hard for her and because the title it’s self was a great question.

The post:

How to do monogamous marriage while embracing your bisexual identity?

There where many good posts to this persons questions but one of them hit home.

“I think because he felt like my exploration of my sexuality was a betrayal to the relationship that he isn't going to be able to accept bisexuality as part of me.”

That was me to say the least but I am not going to beat my self up over it to much because I now know why I was like that now and that will not be the way I am now. Within the post I like the different approaches people take when looking at relationships. Almost everyone states that being open and honest and keeping that line of communication is at the top of this. This is important for any relationship and I think we can all agree on that.

I seem to be rambling…

The question I wish to ask is what did you do to help your none-bisexual partner become more involved or more comfortable with bi-sexuality interactions? That is, if your partners was there as a non active player with the other person.

Any feedback is welcome even if it doesn’t fit the parameters of the question.

Mr. X

Bi Boi Indiana
Nov 25, 2008, 4:00 AM
hey Mr. X

When i came out to my wife Almost 2 1/2 months ago ... things did not go well at all .... There were times over a 2 weeks period that she wouldnt even stay in the same room with me! At that point i knew things were going way down hill, and very fast ..... So one day i just cornered her in the living room and we talked, Not that she liked the idea, but she had no other choice really!

We went through this whole thing of her telling me go do your thing, but when i would plan to meet someone she would cry and all that good stuff, so i never went to meet anyone alone ...... ( I Was a good boi ) ...... So finally we decided to "TRY" And find someone we could both enjoy, Another bi male .. We Have found a guy here on this Forum that is totally amazing! We have meet him several times now .... Taking things " VERY " To slow for my likings, but he wants to get to know us before we jump into anything to serious ..... ( Sighs ) I Wanna just jump him, but he keeps saying NO BILL .. i want this to be special .. i wanna know you guys first .... So ok whatever im waiting ....

Maybe .... i know you said you didnt wanna have sex with anyone else, Maybe something such as this would work for you and your wife also .... Find a 3rd party this is willing to come into your marriage and share your life & Love .. a Triad Realationship .... Test the waters and see if you like it or not .. then make your decision as to weather you would wanna have sex with someone else .... This could be good for both of you ... =) I know it's proving to quite Amazing for My Wife and Me .... Things for "US" Have gotten ALOT Better since "HE" Came into our lives!

I do understand that it is VERY Hard being the NON Bi sexual partner ... But also understand please, that im sure it's hard for your wife to explain her feelings on the subject ...... I know it was for me! it was very hard for me to tell my wife of the wants, needs & Desires i had to be with another Male ... she didnt understand why she wasnt enough ... and yes i got the, " If i was woman enough you wouldnt need another " ..... Ah it's so not like that at all .. I Couldnt even start to explain to you Why ... but the feelings, wants and needs still exsist ... and they get stronger Everyday that passes that "HE" Dont wanna show a lil affection .... *Growls*

Anyway, i wish you both the best of luck ... it's a hard road, but yes! Honesty Communitcation and TRUST above all is the key to making this work ... If either of you DO NOT trust each other .. This WILL NOT work at all ...

~BILL~ :three:

Mr. X
Nov 25, 2008, 5:40 PM
Thanks Bi Boi Indiana!

I thank you for your time in responding to my post.

At some point I would like to post an update on how things are progressing. I am always looking for guidance from those of you have have much more experience then I.

I thank you once again.