PDA

View Full Version : This Will Be Interesting...

12voltman59
Sep 24, 2008, 2:24 PM
On the Yahoo! opening page--they had this interesting article--I would like to see what the researcher finds thanks to their efforts:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080923/hl_time/whathappenswhenwedie

allbimyself
Sep 24, 2008, 3:25 PM
It won't "prove" anything to the vast majority of people. Those that want/need to believe will not accept anything that invalidates their cherished delusions. And should the test give questionable results, they will jump all over the results as "proof" even after someone shows how the test was flawed (if it was).

12voltman59
Sep 24, 2008, 4:36 PM
For me this will be interesting and for those who are at least open to this--for those who are locked into their preconceived notions of things----that is their problem!!

Bluebiyou
Sep 25, 2008, 8:17 AM
You have more chance of re-annimating this scalpel than you have of mending a broken nervous system. Dead is dead! There's only one thing I'm interested in... and that is the preservation of LIFE!

:)

Class.... is.... dismissed.

HighEnergy
Sep 25, 2008, 9:24 AM
My father died when I was 11, in 1976. He had his first heart attack when I was 3. A couple of weeks before he died, my grandmother who had been visiting was leaving the next day to go back to New York. I was put to bed, but my window was near the patio where they sat and visited. I laid there listening to him tell her that he'd made a lot of mistakes in life, but he wanted her to know that he loved all of us, including her and that he'd never see her again. It seems he'd never told anyone else, including my mother that he had had one of those after death experiences. He had seen the doctor's working on him while he was "dead" and he had been told that he had 8 more years to live. Now maybe it was because of the suggestion, but he died within days of that 8 year timeline.

darkeyes
Sep 25, 2008, 10:26 AM
You have more chance of re-annimating this scalpel than you have of mending a broken nervous system. Dead is dead! There's only one thing I'm interested in... and that is the preservation of LIFE!

Me goes long wiv that Blue... the mind plays enuff tricks on us wile we r healthy wealthy an wise, so we r 2 b surprised that it dus so wen we r close 2death???

Not knockin peeps beliefs ere..believe wotya like an since me has no experience a poppin off, an no 1 has cum bak 2 tell me me rong.. mite b indeed that me is.. but gud sense an logic tell me othawise (mine no 1 else's).. so reckon me will hav me allotted span an kismet will take me wen me time is up.. an thats it... ther is nowt else...

Falke
Sep 25, 2008, 11:36 PM

You...freaking...rule! :bigrin:

Blücher!

*Horse Neighs*

On topic: This will be very interesting. I have always had a theory that the whole out of body experience was like being in a coma... Just a illusion before the lights go out. It will be interesting to see if my theory holds water or not.

darkeyes
Sep 26, 2008, 6:59 AM
You...freaking...rule! :bigrin:

Blücher!

*Horse Neighs*

On topic: This will be very interesting. I have always had a theory that the whole out of body experience was like being in a coma... Just a illusion before the lights go out. It will be interesting to see if my theory holds water or not.
Stop it Zwit!! Stop agreein with me..its not in the natural order of things...:bigrin:

One teensy weensy wee thing though..when the lights go out... will we be able to see to find out about your/our theory? ;)

Bi_Druid
Sep 26, 2008, 2:56 PM
Interesting article, but doesn't really say anything much new, really.

I am interested in knowing what they turn up as results, but the only way any of us will really know is when it actually happens to us as an individual.

I've not had an out of body experience myself, but I was put in a coma for 3 months, with much of my life badly edited together between what I'm certain I lived prior to waking up in a hospitol recovery bed and finding a good chunk of that apparently never happened and something else did. It's a very long and complicated story in itself.

The mind is a complicated but still fascinating thing. And I still think we wont ever really know until it actually hits us.

So lets enjoy our lives while we have them and make the most of it, so when we do go up before our own personal pearly gates or what ever, we have a good story to tell.