PDA

View Full Version : return of mr t

chulainn2
Jul 30, 2008, 3:24 PM
the gay guys got this commercial banned and it is too bad it is hysterical.
someday they need to get off their righteous highchair and find a sense of humor.

http://www.examiner.com/x-264-Celebrity-Examiner~y2008m7d29-Video-Gay-rights-group-fired-up-about-Mr-T-Get-Some-Nuts-commercial

12voltman59
Jul 30, 2008, 3:36 PM
I didn't see anything homophobic in the commercial---

As far as racewalking is concerned-it does seem to be a bit of an odd thing to do---either walk or run---those movements they make while racewalking would seem to me to cause joint and other related problems.

I don't see the draw to racewalking--you can walk at a fast pace---like a military cadence--that is a rather fast step that is quite good for health benefits.

vittoria
Jul 30, 2008, 4:08 PM
i hope youtube never erases that one... thats fargin funny

it was a crack on racewalkin not gay peeps

if it was a crack on gay peeps then it shouldve shown pride flags or drag queens in a show with mr t shooting them with some nuts.

people get a grip on something other than your pride and your balls.

In other news..... Lakewood, Ohio...

Discount Drug Mart on Detroit Avenue has balls on sale for 77 cents !!! Get yours today while supplies last :tong:

MarieDelta
Jul 30, 2008, 4:24 PM
In other news..... Lakewood, Ohio...

Discount Drug Mart on Detroit Avenue has balls on sale for 77 cents !!! Get yours today while supplies last :tong:

I got two here - free to a good home. Only used on sundays :P

Better hurry , first come is first served :D

vittoria
Jul 30, 2008, 4:34 PM
Food for thought... (yum!)

With the raunchy brains of today's world, if they were to try to bring back the "Oscar Meyer weiner" song, it wouldnt last... they cant have kids singing that... wishing they were some old dOOds weiner...

Think about it.

My how times have changed!! Cant talk about sh*t anymore... damn "newspeak"!!!

cliffml
Jul 30, 2008, 6:10 PM
I thought it was funny, and that's all it's suppose to be

open2both
Jul 30, 2008, 7:13 PM
OVERreaction.
Funny...FOOL!

Doggie_Wood
Jul 30, 2008, 9:59 PM
I got two here - free to a good home. Only used on sundays :P

Better hurry , first come is first served :D

Hows about sometime in August or September - I can leave a deposit :tong:

:doggie:

chulainn2
Jul 31, 2008, 12:07 AM
vittoria, you rock!!!

FalconAngel
Jul 31, 2008, 12:24 AM
I've seen the commercial and they are definitely over reacting to it.

I certainly don't see it as a slur against Gays. They are just trying to get more than they deserve because there isn't enough issues to fight right now.

Why are they getting upset about it when they have never said anything about South Park or the Simpsons.

Abbey Road
Jul 31, 2008, 4:14 PM
I thought it was funny!!!
I didnt see anything homophobic in it!!
Maybe I missed that part that was homophobic or biphobic??

Abbey Road.

:bibounce::paw::wiggle2:

redheadhoneycat
Jul 31, 2008, 11:04 PM
They are over reacting...that was so funny!:bigrin:

Doggie_Wood
Aug 1, 2008, 6:50 AM
I laughed my ass off at that! That was so funny.

They need to get a life.

:doggie:

aheatseeker
Aug 1, 2008, 11:37 PM
the gay guys got this commercial banned and it is too bad it is hysterical.
someday they need to get off their righteous highchair and find a sense of humor.

http://www.examiner.com/x-264-Celebrity-Examiner~y2008m7d29-Video-Gay-rights-group-fired-up-about-Mr-T-Get-Some-Nuts-commercial

yes your right. too many groups or people just dont leave well enough alone and they mess up for others. no need to wave any flags if your getting it from behind. :tongue:

Kafka6655321
Aug 2, 2008, 3:30 AM
This is one of those times when I really question mind set of the people getting offended. When I first saw the commercial I didn't think 'gay'. I saw a ridiculous guy doing a pseudo sport/exercise. Certain gay groups saw this and thought 'hey that is me, how dare they make fun of me'. Hmmmm.

proseros
Aug 2, 2008, 5:10 AM
Okay first of all-Let's put what is "homophobic" in perspective. Later for the commercial for the time being. I don't like the term and thnk its a complete mis-nomer since compared to other 'phobias' doesn't translate the same way.
Acrophobics tend not to go near high places; Agorophobics tend to stay away from people; Arachniphobes avoid spiders and bugs in general. What we explain as a phobia hardly translates the same way in real life. We might callit 'homo-cide' at times. Other times 'Ass-ault', but I dunno about 'phobia' that much [absolutely no pun intended].

A phobia is an aversion to something that homo-phobia tends to manifest its worst-case-scenario as the deliberate seeking out with malicious intent.

Except that the generational gap has on the sideof 'x' left enough a bitter taste in the mouth that there is every slogan and symbol available to pad our disassociate lives from harm; the presumably 'gay' speedwalker here could just as easily have been wearing a turban, or a minstrel, or the 'happy' housewife and a stack of dishes; or a dancing chicken or -

50cent. Wut.

At the end of the day it is still spoofing the source reference to cameo Mr. T to begin with ("The A-Team"). Had this been skitted into the "Scary Movie" series it'd be hilarious.

Otherwise completely lost in the translation for this kind of social commentary type shock and the drama [That is the real sissy shit]. Now if Mr. T had burst through the wall of an 80's Village bath-house [waving and American Flag(?)] with a bunch of Jamaicans with bats speaking Patois, and ol' "Wilbur" there (& "girls") had press-ons, pumps and lipstick [platinum thongs, leather speedos, wutever], then I miiiight say homophobic-But then I might also say 'Jamacian version of AIDS awareness PSA'.

And then -come to think of it- might want to watch something like that as many times as possible...

Go figure.

Delilah
Aug 2, 2008, 9:55 AM
I didn't see anything homophobic about that video. I laughed my ass off!