PDA

View Full Version : Trolls in the chat room

Azrael
May 28, 2007, 10:42 PM
I feel ridiculous even bringing this up, but I feel I must. There has been a great deal of hostility,flamebaiting and general idiocy going on in the chat room(yes I know flamebaiting refers to message boards but it's the same basic idea). I won't name names but I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about. I'm not doing this to preach to anyone about how they should behave, well ok, maybe I am. Point is, this is a website by and for adults. Let's make sure we all conduct ourselves like we actually have a brain stem. This little tirade is probably for naught, but I had to get it out of my system.

pasco_lol_cpl
May 28, 2007, 11:45 PM
Its a valid enough of a tirade. Yeah trolls and flamers can be a pain in the ass, but short of booting those folks the best advice that I can offer anyone is just to ignore their statements in chat and on the board. Trolls and their brethren live for the ability to get folks riled up. If you dont give them the ammo and just tune em out, their schtick usually gets old and they fade away (for a while at least).

welickit
May 29, 2007, 3:36 PM
If you right click the persons name you can ignore their chat. Yesterday was a real flame day. Some of them seem to thrive on it.

DiamondDog
May 29, 2007, 3:58 PM
What happened yesterday?

I don't go to the chat here anymore since it's full of people who just want to cyber and I'm not into that and if I really want to do it I have friends I can do it with on yahooIM or watch on webcam.

Also I'm more into 1 on 1 chatting not the whole group chat or anything and some of the people in group chat (not the usual regulars) have just plain weird opinions and just troll constantly, like one guy said if you have a foreskin you'll spread bird flu LOL or some close minded bitch from south africa said something against puerto rico and the people there and how something horrible should be done to that country.

weareacpl
May 29, 2007, 4:42 PM
Good Point

happyjoe68
May 29, 2007, 4:51 PM
Drew could just ban those accounts, but the problem is is that they could just create another account and log back in, though thats supposing that they dont already have multiple accounts already ...

DiamondDog
May 29, 2007, 7:34 PM
Drew could just ban those accounts, but the problem is is that they could just create another account and log back in, though thats supposing that they dont already have multiple accounts already ...

Don't people have access to the chat room from another site besides this one? That's what I'd heard.

FalconAngel
May 29, 2007, 11:30 PM
If you right click the persons name you can ignore their chat. Yesterday was a real flame day. Some of them seem to thrive on it.

We play the online RPG's and there are folks like that all over the place there. They get off on ruining the games for as many other players as possible, so you can always expect them to pop up on this site, too......like weeds.