PDA

View Full Version : How long will this last?????

tonya73
Mar 19, 2007, 12:37 AM
I discovered myself about 2 years ago, and I couldnt be happier. Others not so much. It was told to me that I wont stay bi for long, they always go gay. What the hell is that supposed to mean? and if it true what difference does it make.

confused2
Mar 19, 2007, 12:45 AM
I discovered myself about 2 years ago, and I couldnt be happier. Others not so much. It was told to me that I wont stay bi for long, they always go gay. What the hell is that supposed to mean? and if it true what difference does it make.

I guess the person is saying you will not stay bi for long because they figure you will want to be with a woman in all ways after being with that woman, that you will also not want anymore men. Make your choice if that's the case but make sure you've thought it thru to make yourself happy and no one else.

s_shunpike
Mar 19, 2007, 12:45 AM
Tonya -

I am fairly new to the acceptance of this whole thing, and have been doing some serious reflection and personal change over the past couple of months. One thing that I can say is that the only person you can be true to is yourself. It should not make a difference if you 'go gay' or not. If that is who you are then that is what matters. my :2cents:

Shun!

FriedDuck
Mar 19, 2007, 12:48 AM
ppl say u gay or becoming gay because they do not get it. sometimes i feel lesbian and sometimes i feel str8 but i know what i really am.

tink1978
Mar 19, 2007, 1:57 AM
I have been bi for as long as I can remember. Yes there are times that I want only dick and some times I urn for some sweet pussy, but I always want both at the same time.

I was told the same thing, or that it was just a phase and I would grow out of it. I am 29 and still bi.

With that said if something were to happen to my loving husband I do not think I would be able to be with another man (well maybe my high school sweetheart). But that is because I have such a deep love for my husband and do not want to be with another man. So I guess if my husband were to "whatever" (die, or just leave) then I would only be with women.

So I guess, maybe about 60 or so?

Tink

Solomon
Mar 19, 2007, 2:02 AM
ppl say u gay or becoming gay because they do not get it. sometimes i feel lesbian and sometimes i feel str8 but i know what i really am.

i know what you really are too

entropy
Mar 19, 2007, 2:06 AM
The most important thing to know is bisexuality isn't a stage.

FriedDuck
Mar 19, 2007, 2:10 AM
i know what you really are too
huh? what u mean? sometime i identify as lesbian since i am that into women...

Solomon
Mar 19, 2007, 4:09 AM
well, you said that you sometimes feel st8 and sometimes feel lesbian so that pretty much leaves bi silly lol.

bi-robin-calif
Mar 19, 2007, 11:59 AM
Well, I've enjoyed both sexes since I was 17. That was almost 40 years ago, and I'm not gay yet, so I've stopped worrying about it...not that I ever did worry about it.

Of course, I had never heard that nonsense about being bi will make you go gay, so maybe that now I *have* heard it, I should start adding lavender and puce to my wardrobe. The power of suggestion, you know. ;)

bookworm
Mar 19, 2007, 1:30 PM
It makes no difference whatsoever.

Embrace who you are, and go from there. And have fun!

findingpeace
Mar 19, 2007, 2:10 PM
It's and interesting question and I can see why it can be confusing. But I think a lot of second guessing comes from societal pressures to conform to black and white thinking.

I've only been having sex with men for a short while now, but as I do, gay men will comment that now I'm in the "exploring" stage on the way to discovering that I'm gay - as if I'm supposed to be confused or something. The thing is, yeah, I'm having my first homosexual experiences and opening up to them, but it doesn't negate my heterosexual drive.

Actually I'm finding out that as I have sex with men my heterosexual drive is becoming stronger as I become more comfortable with sex and sexuality in general (I call that more of a side effect than exploration). My wife has even noticed that I am just all around more comfortable with my body and with being completely open to sexual experiences.

But I'm not "exploring", nor is this a phase, I know what I want and now I'm just doing it all and enjoying life to it's fullest. Like my wife says, sometimes you like football, sometimes you like soccer, and sometimes you're very happy to have picture in picture capabilitly :-)

genera101.2
Mar 19, 2007, 10:27 PM
I have been bi without knowing what the term was since I was very young. I met a friend where I used to work in high school who was gay. He intrigued me and we started talking about sexuality and I asked him about bisexuality. As open as he was he shocked me by saying there was no such thing. I was dumbfounded and unable to defend myself thinking I’m standing in front of you, what do you mean it or I don’t exist.

Years later I heard from my ex that he went to Seattle and started a bisexual network/support group there. Irony.
:bipride:

TorontoGuy2007
Mar 19, 2007, 10:38 PM
your friends have no idea what's really going on in your mind. now that you have identified yourself as bi, i think that is your true orientation. once someone accepts the fact that they are potentially attracted to men and women, it's pretty difficult to back track and say that this isn't really the case.

now sexual orientation and sexual activity are two different things. and only you can decide who yoiu want to be with on any given day. you can stil be bi yet have a monagamous relationship with a woman.. likewise, you can still be bi and have a monagamous relationship with a man.

bottom line, only you know what makes you happy. don't let friends scare or persuad you into dating someone or sleeping with someone you aren't comfortable with.

since accepting my bisexuality, not much has changed, i still crave the same types of characteristics in people. and i still lean towards wanting to be with a woman, even though i am open to men...

the sacred night
Mar 19, 2007, 10:39 PM

I think it can be a stage for SOME people, since everyone's sexuality is unique. I personally cannot see myself ever identifying as lesbian because I have always loved guys and I can't imagine stopping. Some ppl, though, maybe. If someone says their sexuality changed, I believe them, because they know more about themselves than I do and I don't believe one person can ever presume to tell another what they are. Definitely though it would be wrong to say that all bisexuality is is a stage.

Woahman
Mar 20, 2007, 1:19 PM

Bah dont listen to what ANYONE has to say about you... you will always find it out for yourself. mwah :tong:

G.T.O
Mar 20, 2007, 5:52 PM

Unless it's a phase.

Solomon
Mar 21, 2007, 3:36 AM
right off the top of my head i would say that it'll last for exactly the right amount of time for you. nothing more nothing less. :cool: