PDA

View Full Version : Lubrication

longstride
Nov 13, 2014, 6:30 PM
What is the best over the counter lube for male anal sex? With toys and with real thing.

Melody Dean
Nov 13, 2014, 8:22 PM
I doubt it makes a difference male or female, but my preference is coconut oil.

like2bepegged
Nov 13, 2014, 8:45 PM
KY jelly is my fav, it is water base, but it can be messy. Use as much as u need for comfort, use a towel, and dont use imitation to KY. they r not as good.Pre lubing is recomended in my book. be liberal and have fun.

BiBedBud
Nov 13, 2014, 9:59 PM
The thing I would recommend is to search the forum for more advice on this very topic, as it has been discusses extensively, a few times. I think I remember many people liking the coconut oil (which I've never tried); but I think these are mostly "fluid bonded" hetero couples who aren't concerned about such things as latex degredation from oil exposure of condoms.

KY is also popular, mostly because it 'stays put' and doesn't drip and run all over, like thinner products can. IMO, KY isn't really that good for anal play, because it is water based, and the lower colon of your ass is designed to absorb water. This means your KY will dry out and become tacky rather quickly.

As for what you should use, the quick answer is that it depends on what your sex toys are made of. You cannot use silicone lubricants with silicone toys. That is the big no no. It is also hazardous to use oils or fats of any kind, with vinyl, PVC or other cheaper toys, as this will degrade the toys and expose you to 'plasticizers' in the material, which is possibly a cancer risk and a risk to reproductive health.

Health-wise, if you're into 'soft toys' the best thing is 100% silicone. With it, you can use a water based lube like KY, or if it is clearly stated to be 100% silicone, you could use an oil based lube (like coconut oil, or even petroleum jelly). Although, some of the uber health freaks will say you cannot use petroleum jelly on a silicone toy, from what I gathered of technical data sheets, petroleum jelly is ok to use with a pure silicone toy.

HAVE FUN!

Loki1
Nov 14, 2014, 12:04 PM
i'm going with coconut oil also..........excellent stuff.