PDA

View Full Version : Parden me, both our conscent lights just went on..

Meliss
Feb 7, 2013, 6:47 PM
I like to fantasize. Imagine that all of us had an little led in the middle of our foreheads and when you were arounsed and wanted another person yours was ready to be activated.. Also imagine others had a similar thing. Only the two who both wanted to tango could see the responses.

When both activated you know you are totally acceptable and wanted right now. A litte easier to read than the dilation of their eyes and the musk smell from their bodies.

A definate I wanna do you.

I seen a number of people here where my led was flashing wildly. : )

Annika L
Feb 7, 2013, 7:00 PM
Oh, no thank you!

This sounds like a great idea until you think about it...and would be great for the few times it works.

But omg, do I really want to know every time someone is thinking about doing me? I *certainly* don't want it known every time I'm hot for someone else...often it would be downright inappropriate, and could get me in trouble!

So you think you're female coworker is hot, but she either doesn't like you, or worse, doesn't really even think about you much...but whenever you're talking to her, she has to see your LED lighting up...damn, this so close to harrassment.

Pheromones and pupil dilation are subtle, yes...as is smalltalk. But there are places where subtlety is crucial, and directness just doesn't work. IMHO, this is one of those places.

mnTIMIDguy
Feb 7, 2013, 7:18 PM
Annika, I think you missed something. If I understand Meliss, the only time someone else could see your light was if that person had the same desires for you.

Annika L
Feb 7, 2013, 7:52 PM
Annika, I think you missed something. If I understand Meliss, the only time someone else could see your light was if that person had the same desires for you.

Ah, gotcha. Yes...I was thrown by "little led in the middle of our foreheads". Perhaps "magical dot" would have made it clearer. Anyway, I'll withdraw my objection.

Carry on.

Plumhead2
Feb 8, 2013, 9:21 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if someone will develop an app for that. A finger goes over the camera hole and captures those physical signals of lust. That gets transmitted to the other person's iPhone and if similar signals are found, a heart shows up on both person's iPhones. Quick, get to the patent office before someone else patents it!

elian
Feb 9, 2013, 5:14 PM
Hmm, I think missed chances and unrequited love have been with us for a long time. It would be wonderful if two people could just "know" that they are both wanted - sometimes it is hard for me to tell, you almost have to hit me over the head with a brick because a lot of times I start from the premise of platonic love anyway.

Knowing this world, it would happen the opposite way - someone would figure out how to do it scientifically and profit off of it the same way Annika originally said. Perhaps I should cut down on my intake of dystopic sci-fi movies.. If you go around life being afraid of taking a chance how will you ever know? :)