Wrenn
Jul 7, 2012, 6:18 PM
Help Drew. Can't get the chat window to open. Nothing, nada, zilch. :(

curious1also
Jul 7, 2012, 6:27 PM
same here..no chat window or any thing

purple kid
Jul 7, 2012, 6:56 PM
yes the chat room went down, something to do with the server ?

Tamrisa
Jul 7, 2012, 7:18 PM
Same here, been this way for a couple hours that i know of. So boring here.

hudson9
Jul 7, 2012, 8:02 PM
8:01 Eastern Daylight Time. Still down. :(

rosyg25
Jul 7, 2012, 8:09 PM
please help chat down again

Brian
Jul 7, 2012, 10:13 PM
Back up.

- Drew :paw:

rosyg25
Jul 7, 2012, 11:48 PM
Back up.

hello drew how are you doing today i was just wondering if the chat is working again or not cause i was trying to go on chat around 20 mints ago so 15 mints ago if the chat is still down is there any way were you can fix it thanks

rosyg25
Sep 23, 2012, 6:42 PM
the chat room down again please help

mariersa
Sep 23, 2012, 6:54 PM
Re: LogOff
Drew: Today or actually within the last hour getting to chat has been weird. 1/ if I am logged into the main site b.com and press chat I enter to the member create a screen! 2/if I am not logged into the main b.com and press chat "unable to complete connection". zoh is it me? or are the bullies here screwing with internet? or is it something else? I can't enter either way. I did enter a few hours ago without any problems.
Cut n Pasted from my LogOff problem of some months back, there once was a permanent thread for site problems. anyway still not working 3hours later approximately.

void()
Sep 23, 2012, 8:11 PM
8:10 PM EST still down here as well. It also seemed to lag last nigh up to two hours. Chatted privately with someone for about that, the main hung at the time I began private chatting. Handles that I knew had logged out were still in the room, or appeared so two hours later.

Same in Firefox, Iceweasel which is Debian's non-branded Firefox. Don't use any other browsers here, except Opera but only in the forums, not for chat. Use Midori, Arora, Kazahkase for other things, or wget, curl, lynx. Yeah, lynx. *G* Chromium is okay if not Google's flavor.

No IE, sorry Microsoft does not compute here. :) Not even as a Virtual Machine, or via WINE, CrossOver.

And yes, am as bad with text editors. Like, nano, vi, vim, emacs, medit, nedit, joe ans sometimes may even use echo to redirect, or *gasp* cat. Hm, have tried ed but can't focus on just one line.

Timmie
Sep 23, 2012, 8:22 PM
what's going on Drew, we need our chat. If there is a problem should be posted on Home Page.

chook
Sep 23, 2012, 10:43 PM
Fucken peacefull aint it :bigrin:

Brian
Sep 23, 2012, 10:45 PM
It is back up.

BiJoe696
Sep 25, 2012, 9:03 AM
It is working fine for me. Thanks

Brian
Oct 10, 2012, 10:37 AM
The chat is back up after the downtime this morning. And I think we may have fixed the issue where it was going down every few weeks - fingers crossed that we got it. I am optimistic this time!

darkeyes
Oct 10, 2012, 11:42 AM
The chat is back up after the downtime this morning. And I think we may have fixed the issue where it was going down every few weeks - fingers crossed that we got it. I am optimistic this time!

Tsk.... imagine stoppin' Chat from goin' down every few weeks... :eek2:

void()
Oct 10, 2012, 2:24 PM

Ha! No chance if Adobe keeps updating Flash. 11.02 I think I read on their site, will be last release for Linux. They'll do security updates but no releases.

Brian
Oct 11, 2012, 8:31 AM
Ha! No chance if Adobe keeps updating Flash. 11.02 I think I read on their site, will be last release for Linux. They'll do security updates but no releases. That's the other thing, we'll be moving to the html5 pages for the chat soon. This will allow iphone folks to use it, and will dodge any future Flash-support issues.

mariersa
Oct 13, 2012, 11:33 AM
Yikes!!:oh: A shame when 2 threads on the same topic are going at once ! anyway you peeps here obviously the "geeks" have missed all the FUN on the oppossing thread labeled "chat" by mgb880!!
:yikes2::rolleyes:

Brian
Oct 26, 2012, 9:59 AM
9613Dare I say (hope?) that I think we might finally have the chat thing solved. The chat is now coming up after server hiccups. This has been tested and confirmed. It turns out we had some server instructions which were old, for a previous version of the server software, and thus weren't specific enough. We fixed them and took the server down and back up to test the new instructions and the chat started up on its own. So it seems to start up automatically now after server hiccups, which happen for a minute or two every 2 to 6 weeks or so.

The real test will be the next few weeks - we will see if the chat goes down. But I am hopeful we might finally have it!!

void()
Oct 26, 2012, 10:55 AM
That's the other thing, we'll be moving to the html5 pages for the chat soon. This will allow iphone folks to use it, and will dodge any future Flash-support issues.

"They ate the minstrels ... There was much rejoicing. Yay!"

Recently, upgraded Firefox. Which here consists of downloading the new tarball, go into /opt and rm -fR /firefox, then back into my home /Download directory, sudo cp -pR /firefox /opt/firefox. Then, I need to remember to sudo mkdir -p /opt/firefox/plugins && cp libflash*.so. It's a lovely fun hassle each time firefox upgrades, a wonder I've not crufted a script to do it.

Thinking about I see why I've not made such a script, like knowing it's happening more so than being something convenient.