PDA

View Full Version : Custom Avatars in Chat Room

Wrenn
Jun 7, 2012, 1:43 PM
Something is amiss with the custom avatars. I can not see my custom avatar nor can I see anyone else's custom avatar when I'm in chat. My avatar is still showing in my control panel though. Have I done something to goof it up?

biplane
Jun 7, 2012, 1:52 PM
I have the same issue. I want my G/5 back.

Brian
Jun 7, 2012, 3:55 PM
Thanks for letting me know. We are on it. We did an upgrade yesterday and it looks like we somehow we broke that feature.

- Drew :paw:

void()
Jun 7, 2012, 4:02 PM
Are users expected to upload avatar images, again?

wanderingrichard
Jun 7, 2012, 7:37 PM
Good for you Wrenn . beat the rest of us to it.

Brian
Jun 8, 2012, 9:28 AM
Are users expected to upload avatar images, again? Nope. The avatars are showing in chat again. The upgrade yesterday broke that feature, but it is fixed. So your main site avatar (if you have uploaded one) shows up as your default chat avatar once again.

void()
Jun 8, 2012, 2:05 PM
Well poop. Guess I do need re-upload one. Checked the chat, no avatar and know I had one. I may or may not re-upload. Hard to tell, my mind is being bitchy right now. And no, not due to you or directed at you, Drew. It's actually debating the merits of a Thousand Year Old egg over grapes if one needs to know, that and pondering how play putty is more the universal substance than duct tape. Once these debates subside I may return to other issues if able. Also a bit sad from Ray Bradury's passing.

Brian
Jun 8, 2012, 11:12 PM
Well poop. Guess I do need re-upload one. Checked the chat, no avatar and know I had one. I may or may not re-upload. Hard to tell, my mind is being bitchy right now. And no, not due to you or directed at you, Drew. It's actually debating the merits of a Thousand Year Old egg over grapes if one needs to know, that and pondering how play putty is more the universal substance than duct tape. Once these debates subside I may return to other issues if able. Also a bit sad from Ray Bradury's passing. See screenshot attached. You have an avatar now - the silhouette. A smaller version of that should be appearing as your avatar in chat.

As for the universality of play putty versus duct tape... you have my full support on the play putty. How a Nobel prize was not awarded for its invention I will never know. My thoughts are with you.

void()
Jun 8, 2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah, realized that a little bit ago in chat. Thank you Drew. :)

*looks around for Drew's thoughts as he suddenly feels like spraying them with purple jello and dancing nakey with them*