PDA

View Full Version : chat not respondinghi

zac123
Mar 30, 2012, 9:17 AM
hi
chat is not responding screen comes up blank, any ideas?
thanks

Long Duck Dong
Mar 30, 2012, 9:55 AM
do you have any ad blocking plugins or extensions on the browser you are using.....

some of them block flash based applications such as chat

welickit
Mar 30, 2012, 3:18 PM
I am getting threads that load with all the text in the original post missing. Also getting threads that are totally blank except posters info and icon to the right. In that it just started I assume someone is working on the site.

Brian
Mar 30, 2012, 3:36 PM
I am not sure about the chat. Maybe some sort of ad blocking or firewall is all I can think of. Disable both and try it as a starting point.

As for some of the the forums threads being messed up... I screwed that up this morning. I just fixed it.

- Drew :paw:

welickit
Mar 30, 2012, 6:46 PM
Thanks Drew, I was able to get in chat and others had the same issue with the threads so I didn't get worried about it. As for the chat issue above, if he is rejecting LSO cookies then chat won't load. I have an add on called better privacy on ff that caused the same problem during beta testing. Changing the settings to allow LSO's until you close the browser will correct the problem. If the flash cookies don't set chat won't work.

Brian
Mar 30, 2012, 7:33 PM
@welickit, very interesting. I learned something today. Thanks!

- Drew :paw:

welickit
Apr 2, 2012, 10:12 PM
I just jumped over to the chat and got in ok. However every time someone typed a message I got a drop down below my tool bar (firefox) saying firefox prevented the page from redirecting. Each new entry in the chat triggers the redirect message. I am not sure why but it can be worked around in firefox tools, options. Set the redirects to allow. Unfortunately you can't set it for just this site.

I doubt it is an issue with this site, I sooner think it is a firefox - flash issue.