PDA

View Full Version : Notifications

bluesky55
Mar 10, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cannot get the "notifications" to go away on a incoming request for friends. I have done the "reject" thing about 4 times (yes I click on save) and even sent an email to the sender apologizing if he gets continuous notices. Suggestions?

DuckiesDarling
Mar 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
You have went to control panel and rejected? Perhaps you should set your preferences to not allow friend requests, it's under your control panel/ profile in the privacy section.

axlton
Mar 10, 2012, 12:27 PM
The same thing happened to me, turns out I was just not checking them off before saving, there's a set of radio buttons above the box showing who the friend request is from that kind of make you think you just have to select one of those options and save. There is also, however, a check box next to the persons avatar below that must also be selected before it will take. I felt kinda dumb not realizing what I was doing wrong but, it's not easily noticeable if you're not paying close attention.

Brian
Mar 10, 2012, 12:42 PM
4482Yeah, I suspect what Axlton said is going on. The way the control panel system for Friends is displayed is confusing. See this post with screenshots - it should help: http://www.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?12486-No-Friends&p=222239&viewfull=1#post222239 OR see new and better screenshot to the right of this post. In short, you have to select the checkbox in the upper left of the users avatar, then select an action to take on that user (Accept friend request or Reject friend request) to apply the action to those users.

It isn't you. It is the software we are using.

- Drew :paw: