PDA

View Full Version : Blinded by the colors

DuckiesDarling
Mar 10, 2012, 9:34 AM
Sorry, Drew, way too much Orange on everything right now. It looks like a tangerine spit up :( Hopeing you can go back to the more neutral color scheme and soon.

Brian
Mar 10, 2012, 9:49 AM
yes, agreed. A bit too hot... I think better now, after some more tweaking?

- Drew :paw:

DuckiesDarling
Mar 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah a little better, I'd love to see a completely different color for threads that have been read and threads that have new posts. Kinda like a brick red color maybe to contrast? Just like the titles on the threads in this area and articles?

Brian
Mar 10, 2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah a little better, I'd love to see a completely different color for threads that have been read and threads that have new posts. Kinda like a brick red color maybe to contrast? Just like the titles on the threads in this area and articles? I think it accomplishes that now by bolding thread titles with new posts you haven't read yet.

DuckiesDarling
Mar 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
It helps a bit, but I'm old, Drew :P Right now the sun is coming in on the monitor, normally I see the site in the dark so maybe it will be easier for me then :)

**Peg**
Mar 10, 2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah a little better, I'd love to see a completely different color for threads that have been read and threads that have new posts. Kinda like a brick red color maybe to contrast? Just like the titles on the threads in this area and articles?

I guess I missed the "tangerine spit up" (yay). However, visited link colours are an option in your browser, DD.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2082005_change-visited-link-text-color.html

or you can google each browser: "change visited link color in *browser name* "

Brian
Mar 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
I might switch it again. I am trying to find the right mix of colors. The original dark blue link color was too indistinguishable from the dark grey/gray default text color.

DuckiesDarling
Mar 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
It will be hard to find something that works for everyone all in all I find darker colors, more muted, then the neon colors to be easier to see in both daylight and darkness. But I do agree the other was a bit too close to default. Good luck with the tinkering.

welickit
Mar 10, 2012, 1:13 PM
I have to agree with this being a bit much. Is tangerine seen as a bi color? Although it certainly wakes you up when the page loads. No fear of falling asleep. Just keep the sunglasses close bi.

DuckiesDarling
Mar 10, 2012, 1:17 PM
Should have seen it before he tweaked, Welickit. It really did look like a tangerine spit up all over the screen, VERY BRIGHT orange everywhere.