PDA

View Full Version : New and Updated Personal Ads Section

bidirectional
Mar 8, 2012, 12:46 AM
On the home page I notice that this section now updates the list more frequently for your local area. But it doesn't seem to follow the rule of a NEW and/or UPDATED Personal Ads only. Rather if you just view your own profile or messages it puts you back on the list, you don't have to update your profile or ad at all. It is acting more like the "more ACTIVE members ads in your local area" section. Is this intentional?

And would those members that don't have ads, just an ABOUT ME section, would they be listed as well?

Just wondering.

Bidi

Brian
Mar 8, 2012, 8:07 AM
It is acting more like the "more ACTIVE members ads in your local area" section. Is this intentional?

Yes. Personal Ads search results are now listed by "Last Activity" time (which basically means last time you visited a page on the site). And this is intentional. So no more need to update your ad to bump you back to the top - you visit the site and you are rewarded with a bump to the top of the search results.

And would those members that don't have ads, just an ABOUT ME section, would they be listed as well?

No, they are not listed, and we don't really have a place that lists all members by area. We do have the general Member Search (by username or part of it) (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/memberlist.php).

- Drew :paw: