PDA

View Full Version : I am getting logged in to the beta test & new site at the same time

welickit
Feb 25, 2012, 3:47 PM
Drew

When I log in today I am being logged in to the screens we used for beta testing, but when I go to the chat area I am on the new end of it and it is real time. This is the first time this happened. Not sure if the other testers have encountered it or not but it seems odd that it suddenly gives me a split between new and testing.

Main forum etc. are the beta screens and chat is the new site real time.

baachus
Feb 25, 2012, 4:20 PM
Just logged in and not having the same issue. Every page I went to, the browser header was www.bisexual.com, not the test site. I went through all the tabs and no split occurred.

welickit
Feb 25, 2012, 4:26 PM
Hi baachus, good to see ya again. Not sure why this happened all of a sudden. There were only a half a dozen of us actively on the test site so I wondered if anyone else had the same thing happen. I am on the new site now but first log in I got a split situation. No big deal I guess, I always did go both ways :bigrin:

Brian
Feb 25, 2012, 7:04 PM
Is it still happening for you welickit? The programmer was doing some work today and I wonder if it was just a temporary thing for you.

- Drew :paw:

welickit
Feb 26, 2012, 12:55 PM
Yes still doing it, it seems to happen randomly for some reason. My bookmark is correct but I will delete it anyway and do it over again. I seem to end up on main2 for the forums but at bisexual.com when I go to the chat area. Jump off an back on and I get here ok.

Brian
Feb 27, 2012, 8:38 AM
I have put in place a redirect from the test domain to this main one. I think that should fix it. It might have been a cache issue - some of the big ISPs (AOL most notably) cache some sites to reduce their bandwidth. Anyway, regardless of the source, the redirect should fix it.

- Drew :paw:

welickit
Feb 27, 2012, 7:07 PM
Didn't have a problem getting on just now. Brought me directly here. Never use AOL to get here always FF. I doubt it was a cache issue as I clear everything including JAVA, recent, prefetch etc. every night then do a defrag. No matter, I get here so that is what counts. I just found it a bit odd.