PDA

View Full Version : Can't access Chat.

jeokar
Feb 20, 2012, 4:25 PM
:confused: Everything was working fine three days ago, got on chat quickly, used webcam, etc., then logged off and now am unable to get back on chat. I let it load overnight and all I have achieved is 47%. What happened? I love this site and love the updated version, but cannot make use of it. Thank You For Your Indulgence. Jeokar

**Peg**
Feb 20, 2012, 8:21 PM
jeokar.... dump your temporary internet files, reboot your PC, try a different browser... hopefully then you'll be able to get back in.

I'd recommend you download, install and run http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ and use it after every visit to the website.

Good luck

Brian
Feb 20, 2012, 10:30 PM
A couple of people have reported messages like that. I have yet to see anything like that. I can't imagine what it is.

- Drew :paw:

LeeNorCal
Feb 21, 2012, 9:38 AM
Jeokar, you might try reinstalling Adobe's Flashplayer. I've had this problem on several sites that use Flash, and that usually works. Go here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

**Peg**
Feb 21, 2012, 9:59 AM
good thinking Lee, I agree...... and/or set your flash to update automatically Jeo, that way you don't have to remember to update it.

jeokar
Mar 1, 2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks, All. I've tried all the above and still am unable to get more than 48% to enable Chat Rooms. Bummer. I even signed up under a new handle, jeokara, to no avail, won't load there, either. Jeo

Brian
Mar 1, 2012, 11:08 AM
Are you on an iPad or iPhone by chance? If so, we have a solution for those folks (who don't have Flash) coming soon - a few more weeks.

welickit
Mar 1, 2012, 1:25 PM
If you happen to be using a plug in called better privacy or one similar that rejects .LSO super cookies, then chat will never load. I use it to block ads but it also sees flash chat as a pop up ad and blocks it. I had this problem during the testing process here. If you have a flash blocker set it to accept flash cookies until you close the browser. When you leave this site you will be told that all cookies have been cleared, I assure you they have NOT been cleared. You need to learn what to accept, for how long and how to eliminate it.

void()
Mar 1, 2012, 6:52 PM
Problems here as well. Read an article recently about Adobe not offering Flash for Linux any longer. It will be in Chrome but not Firefox, no more stand alone flash player plugin. I was using Firefox which does have ad blocking, then Chrome which does not. Chrome is up to date. The error I received was the connection failed. Pretty generic error message.

Brian
Mar 1, 2012, 7:04 PM
Problems here as well. Read an article recently about Adobe not offering Flash for Linux any longer. It will be in Chrome but not Firefox, no more stand alone flash player plugin. I was using Firefox which does have ad blocking, then Chrome which does not. Chrome is up to date. The error I received was the connection failed. Pretty generic error message. If you are referring to the last 90 minutes or so, the Chat was down and not working for anyone. It just came back up now. A tip is this: if you see no one in the Who's Online list chatting at all then the chat service has gone down. I'll talk to the programmer about maybe a way the chat can restart itself after a server hiccup, or an alarm to my cell phone or something like that.

**Peg**
Mar 1, 2012, 7:29 PM
If you are referring to the last 90 minutes or so, the Chat was down and not working for anyone. It just came back up now. A tip is this: if you see no one in the Who's Online list chatting at all then the chat service has gone down. I'll talk to the programmer about maybe a way the chat can restart itself after a server hiccup, or an alarm to my cell phone or something like that.

MWB has an appliance for that, Drew http://www.techout.com/websiteMonitoring.php reasonable rates too!

void()
Mar 1, 2012, 11:35 PM
Apologies, I must have not glanced in the direction of that listing. Please do not concern yourself further. I would hate imposing on a site you offer for the public freely.

*pan*
Mar 15, 2012, 5:22 PM
march 15 @ 4:20 pm central time can't get into chat it loads but only see 1 in the list in chat in main room but when click to go into main room nothing happens, just figured the chat was down. using the same settings and browser i always used.

nutme
Mar 15, 2012, 5:37 PM
It is still down. This started on Monday night, at least when I first noticed it. It was intermittant and seems to have increased per the comments made in the chatroom. Now, it's just flat out broke. It has nothing to do with Adobe Flash, TIF's or any kind of cache on the users end. It's just broke.

chook
Mar 15, 2012, 5:45 PM
Quick someone put another penny into the slot :bowdown:

Cheers Chook :smilies15

gotlek
Mar 15, 2012, 7:40 PM
I can not get in the chatroom today. I did not have any problem before.

nutme
Mar 15, 2012, 7:46 PM
Yeah, we all know. This is the third thread opened on it, Got.

Timmie
Mar 15, 2012, 8:31 PM
we miss our chat --- PLEASE fix it

Timmie
Mar 15, 2012, 8:34 PM
Yeah, we all know. This is the third thread opened on it, Got.

need it fixed, best part of this site

Long Duck Dong
Mar 15, 2012, 8:46 PM
details about what issues you are having would be helpful....

drew, I am running google chrome 17.0.96

chat will load for me fine, but at the room select screen, there is the option to sign in and you can not click on it, its as the page is merely a screenshot and not a working page.... I am using flash block ( disabled for chat ) and adblock plus

testing on firefox 10.0.02

same problem

if I am not logged in on either browser, the page works as I immediately get asked to login in order to access chat..... but if I am logged in, then nothing on the page works

welickit
Mar 15, 2012, 8:48 PM
Chook, you may need more than a penny.

mariersa
Mar 15, 2012, 9:12 PM
I can't access chat at all, hmmm, limited confusion?!

DuckiesDarling
Mar 15, 2012, 9:19 PM
On both regular and full screen chat I can't access on IE9, it does have a new "sign in" symbol at top, but you can't click to sign in. Perhaps the change was made to keep people who were not registered from accessing chat but it is keeping registered people out as it is not picking up the information when you go to the chat page.

mariersa
Mar 15, 2012, 9:32 PM
Yes DD, I don't have IE9 but that is the same with me, on full screen at least this time I got the buffer symbol but hmmmm, unlimited confusion.

A few seconds later (edit) thought I'd try again, now, wow, a message, loading language, hmmm? Does your location require the language of the region to be loaded or is plain old HM English good enough unless you choose another, just a thought.

Brian
Mar 15, 2012, 10:20 PM
The chat is back up. :)

As for the site going crazy. I am looking into it. It could be because the chat was down, or it could be that the programmer was doing some stuff, or it could be something else.

jeokara01
Jun 2, 2012, 3:58 PM
I really hate this new format. It wasn't broken, so you fixed it ... so it now SUCKS! Sorry, but this was a favorite site and now I can't find anything or get anything to work. I am on dial-up and whatever you did screwed about 20-25 million users. You must work for the government. Jeo.

welickit
Jun 3, 2012, 6:40 PM
Being on dial up says something. I didn't know there were 20 - 25 million people that far out of date with the rest of the world. If you are using windows 3.1 you might want to think about updating your system. You seem to be the only one with the issue.

jeokara01
Jun 5, 2012, 4:08 PM
Well, lickit, Drew ... Everyone I know, who was on the old format, that I email otherwise, has the same problem. None of them is active on BiSexual any longer because of the New Chat. That's over two dozen, or so ... Go figure. The highest % of download I've been able to acquire is 48%. Oh Well. Many of us oldies don't have Highspeed. Jeok