PDA

View Full Version : user-created rooms?

**Peg**
Feb 19, 2012, 10:50 AM
hi Drew, some people have asked me if there will be user-created rooms here (where 3 or more can all join in). PM's are fine between 2 people; the other rooms (bedroom/men's room) are anything but private. Soooo not knowing the answer, I figured I'd just ask you.

I looked at http://www.bisexual.com:35555/help/help_change_room.html but couldn't find anything about creating our own room (like the 'balcony' room we made in the old chat - including the ability to bounce people out, should the room owner choose).

possible/probable?

thanks Peg

Brian
Feb 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
I looked at the manual and it *may* be possible with some programming.

Did the old chat have that feature? One concern I might have is making the chat too "cliquey" - everyone off in their private mini-rooms and the experience for newcomers being not very good. But if the old chat had it then maybe it wasn't a big problem?

- Drew :paw:

baachus
Feb 19, 2012, 2:30 PM
I second the motion. The old chat did have the capability of user created rooms. Not sure if they were able to be passworded though. That would allow for some privacy if there are 3 or more who wish to play. Rooms could also be created by groups to have a real-time discussion about whatever the group is about. ie: politics, religion or lack thereof, sports, locales.

Brian
Feb 19, 2012, 3:43 PM
ok. Thanks for the info. I will see what I can do.

- Drew :paw:

**Peg**
Feb 19, 2012, 7:03 PM
hi again,

yes the user-created rooms could have a password (or not). There was also the capability to "kick" or "warn" a chatter (in the user-created room) if they were causing problems. It was the room creator who had the hammer so to speak.

12voltman59
Feb 19, 2012, 9:48 PM
Just wanted to second the info Peg provided above---it was kinda nice to do that at times--especially liked doing "the Balcony" thing the few times I did it.

**Peg**
Feb 20, 2012, 2:03 PM
Just wanted to second the info Peg provided above---it was kinda nice to do that at times--especially liked doing "the Balcony" thing the few times I did it.

yeah...show will be bereft if we can't make a balcony room anymore... he's probably weeping into his cheerios because we can't MOON because of the alphabetical userlist in chat... (although I've figured out a way to do it IF I ever see him again, we keep passing like ships on a MOONless night).