PDA

View Full Version : Not logged in...

**Peg**
Feb 15, 2012, 6:58 PM
but my name is on the list. Note there is no option for me to log out....sheesh, never seen THIS before !

GREMLINS ;)

**Peg**
Feb 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
round two - screenshot is self-explanatory, and before anyone mentions it, I've made NO changes to any settings4357

Brian
Feb 24, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hi Peg,

The Who's Online is not real time. It is everyone who has been logged in in the last 15 minutes (approximately). So it is just an approximation of who is online - there is a lag.

The old site was the same way, you just might not have noticed it (I might have had it set to 5 minutes on the old site? Perhaps. And so it wasn't as noticeable maybe.)

In your first screenshot you are actually NOT logged in. You have logged out, hence the login form appearing in the upper right. If you were logged in there would be a Log Out link in the upper right instead.

So no worries - this is the way the software works - it has to do it this way in order to cache the parts of the webpage. For the same reason you will sometimes see things that aren't quite right such as your post count not advancing right away on your past posts - brand new threads and posts not yet appearing on the homepage (I think that cache is set to 1 minute, or maybe 2), and things like that. If it didn't cache these parts it would not be able to keep up and would grind to a slooooooooow near-halt.

- Drew :paw:

**Peg**
Feb 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
aha, love to learn new stuff, thanks Drew