PDA

View Full Version : Chat Bug #3

bidirectional
Feb 14, 2012, 12:02 AM
Sorry Drew. I know you want to hear about this stuff...

Other night I was in the Chat rooms. Entered into a Pvt chat. Entered into a 2nd Pvt chat. Entered into a 3rd pvt chat. (Trying some serious multitasking) At some point I could no longer send any text to the first and second pvt chat windows. I could send to the 3rd pvt chat window. About 5 minutes later the 2nd pvt recipient disconnected. I closed that window and was able to send in the 1st pvt chat window. The 3rd pvt chat recipient stood down and I closed that window. Back to 1 pvt chat. Then got a new pvt chat request. Again lost ability to chat with 1st window. Closed the 1st pvt chat window and re-initiated the original pvt chat. Was able to send text again.

Whew. You follow all that? It's possible that my laptop was running out of memory. It isn't the most powerful thing but it gets me thru it all. Willing to offer up any details that could help duplicate situation.

Second point is an observation on the chat. The Flash window seems rather limited in size. When opening a pvt chat session the Pvt chat window remains confined to the same boundaries as the main chat room windows. You can't pull that pvt chat to the side or off the web page. The old site treated these pvt chat windows as separate pop up windows never confined to the browser page. it sort of annoying if you were trying to maintain a convo in one of the community chat rooms and the pvt chat blocks the main rooms.

Bidi

welickit
Feb 14, 2012, 11:03 AM
I know you can dock the cam window's but never tried or even noticed whether the private chat window has that option. If it is able to be docked there will be a check mark type icon in the upper right of the little window.

welickit
Feb 14, 2012, 11:17 AM
I just jumped into the chat area and you can dock the PM's. It is an arrow in the upper right (where the usual - & X are) Clicking the arrow will get rid of the PM window and dock that PM in a new tab right beside the name of the room you are in. As I recall, during beta testing I was limited to five open tabs. The cam when docked goes above, left or right of the main chat window depending on your selection.