PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Bisexual Videogame

niftyshellshock
Feb 11, 2012, 6:15 PM
Oh wait, it's not, the chat just sounds like one. Can't have an open tab without thinking there's a flash game going on in the chat window for ANYTHING people say. Sure, you can mute it but then you don't get notified.

BRING BACK THE OLD CHAT

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 6:39 PM
Ok, we have sounds enabled for the following cases:
- play sound when a user receives a message
- play sound when a user sends a message
- play sounds when a user enters the current room
- play sounds when a user exits the current room
We can disable any one or all of them.

We also allow users to send "sound messages", which are like smilies but sounds. I can disable them.

Let me know your thoughts.

- Drew :paw:

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 6:59 PM
Okay the main source of the overwhelming sounds seems to be "sound messages" aka "sound smilies" and they were set to play automatically. Users now have to want to hear them, by clicking on them, to hear them. That will go along way to fixing the concern methinks.

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 7:16 PM
Okay, more info...

All 5 of those sound settings are adjustable when you are in chat and the settings you choose persist and will stay that way even when you leave the chat and come back. You change them under the Wrench (Tools) > Options > Sound tab. So between that and me changing the default for "Autoplay Sound Messages/Smilies" to OFF we can call this one fixed I think.

The default settings are:
ON - play sound when a user receives a message
ON - play sound when a user sends a message
ON - play sounds when a user enters the current room
ON - play sounds when a user exits the current room
OFF - autoplay sound messages(smilies)

If you have changed those settings before I think you will get the new defaults above when you next enter chat, but any changes you make from now on will be remembered for you.

Thanks for the feedback niftyshellshock and everyone who was in chat when I was there!

Herculoid Poirot
Feb 11, 2012, 11:03 PM
If you're looking for an ACTUAL bisexual video game, try Dragon Age. Several of the characters, including the player himself/herself, can interact sexually with other characters of differing sexes. Search for Dragon Age sex scenes on youtube, you'll see! They're corny as hell but whatever, the exist!