PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Coming to Mardi Gras in New Orelans?

wrbi01
Mar 1, 2011, 10:13 AM
Just curious. Not advertising... :) :flag3:

roy m cox
Mar 2, 2011, 3:10 AM
i wish i could with my bf ,, but to sick to go anywhere:(

bizel
Mar 2, 2011, 3:28 PM
when's your mardi gras? are they all the same date around the world? sydney's is this saturday. told hubby next year we will be attending. he's as keen as mustard.

DuckiesDarling
Mar 2, 2011, 3:35 PM
Mardis Gras is March 8th this year.

Nope to the OP, something I always wanted to do and might get around to doing before I bugger off to NZ permanently. However, I will pick up some delightful King Cake :)

_Joe_
Mar 2, 2011, 5:29 PM
if I ever did, it would have to be alone.

Which isn't bad I guess, means staying up all night!

wrbi01
Mar 3, 2011, 9:16 AM
Our Mardi Gras is on Mardi Gras Day... March 8th this year. Even after looking at the calculations several times I dont understand how they figure out the day each year. I know this this is the latest day that it can be any year.

DuckiesDarling
Mar 3, 2011, 11:16 AM
Simple.

How will you know which Tuesday it will be? Ash Wednesday is always 46 days before Easter and Fat Tuesday is always the day before Ash Wednesday. Easter can fall on any Sunday from March 23 to April 25 with the exact date to coincide with the first Sunday after the full moon following a Spring Equinox! There you have it! Voila!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 3, 2011, 12:10 PM
Lord I Wish! Could you just See a bunch of us congregating in NO for this? Poor town would never be the same..LOL
Silly Cat